Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Ref Today

Totally ruined the game imo, he was over fussy and wouldn't let the game flow. Any physical contact was dramatically curtailed by his screeching whistle and running around pointing and posing.Who was he anyway? don't think i've seen him before, he's obviously never kicked a ball in his life <_<

Message to Premiership referees -

PEOPLE DON'T TURN UP TO WATCH YOU :angry:

Totally ruined the game imo, he was over fussy and wouldn't let the game flow. Any physical contact was dramatically curtailed by his screeching whistle and running around pointing and posing.Who was he anyway? don't think i've seen him before, he's obviously never kicked a ball in his life <_<

Message to Premiership referees -

PEOPLE DON'T TURN UP TO WATCH YOU :angry:

His name's Keith Stroud and he's a southern c?nt! When he was stood nearby I let him know what I thought of his referreeing skills in the 1st half, I don't think anyone, particularly a woman, had ever been critical of him before from the look he gave me. I had to go under the stand to calm down. C?ck!

Jumped up little faggot on a power trip, punishing the players for fcuk all, just because he's 3 foot smaller than them. He ruined the game, and how Davies didn't snap and beat the shite out of him I don't know, some of the decisions against him were laughable (I wasn't laughing at the time).

Did I mention he was really fcukin small, :blink:

The guy was a total arse,so was his linesman.Stood there with his flag up for ages after the "offside"decision.I'm sure he got some sort of perverse kick out of it.Was expecting him to go off on some sort of John Cleese Ministry Of Funny Walks type thing at any second.Weird Fcuker!

Bollox, dont blame the ref and linesman for ruining a game of "football"

We dont play football, neither do a few premier league sides.

Midfield today? Who plays football in that, just lads who can run up and down. shite.

Not just us, but 7 or 8 sides in league.

Megson is just trying to copy Allardyce, without the Okachas, Hierro's, Djorkaeefs.

Bollox, dont blame the ref and linesman for ruining a game of "football"

We dont play football, neither do a few premier league sides.

Midfield today? Who plays football in that, just lads who can run up and down. shite.

Not just us, but 7 or 8 sides in league.

Megson is just trying to copy Allardyce, without the Okachas, Hierro's, Djorkaeefs.

Yeah, but we invented the "non-football" style. The ref was poor, if they want respect, there has be a bit of give + take. I thought he was anti-bolton or anti our type of "football"

Yeah, but we invented the "non-football" style. The ref was poor, if they want respect, there has be a bit of give + take. I thought he was anti-bolton or anti our type of "football"

The ref was poor, but certainly not biased, otherwise we have been down to 10 or even 9 today. He constantly guessed at decisions, and then bottled out on the major ones.

The ref was poor, but certainly not biased, otherwise we have been down to 10 or even 9 today. He constantly guessed at decisions, and then bottled out on the major ones.

agreed really, for example, why not even a booking for the free kick-which-could-have-been-a-penalty?

I think there was a bit of "Bolton are physical, I'll keep an extra watch out for them" eg KD in the 1st half.

I agree, he was consistently bad. The linesman peed me off in the second half. Couldn't wait to put his flag up for offside but didn't seem to be able to help the Ref decide over the two pens (he was in line with both and did nothing). Also gave no indication he'd seen the foul on Riga at all. But positives.......

Jaaskelainen, Riga and Ricky (to a degree). Thought Davies was immense again but he needs a partner. Getting worried about Nolan, nothing's going his way at the moment. Think Muamba will be a good buy in time. Steinsson already is a good buy. Big Danny improved as the game went on.

Negatives, what where we doing first half? What system were we supposed to be playing? Is it Megson being clueless or the players, especially midfield not being good enough?

When Carson clambered over Davies then held him down, to flag Davies for a foul was laughable.

Aside from the negative team selection (starting with Davies as a lone striker :blink: , having 7 subs and no striker came on), what was annoying was the lack of running into space, making yourself available, giving the man with the ball options, a tactic for which Arsenal are so good. While we'll never emulate Arsenal, when Gardner makes a run down the WBA by-line, have your attacking midfielder(s) run to the penalty spot to anticipate a cut-back or a deflection, not stroll around ball-watching. Basic stuff at this level.

Even WBA put some nice passing moves together, I like Morrison, neat and skillful.

I guess flair is a word Megson thought went out in the seventies fashion stakes.

When Carson clambered over Davies then held him down, to flag Davies for a foul was laughable.

Aside from the negative team selection (starting with Davies as a lone striker :blink: , having 7 subs and no striker came on), what was annoying was the lack of running into space, making yourself available, giving the man with the ball options, a tactic for which Arsenal are so good. While we'll never emulate Arsenal, when Gardner makes a run down the WBA by-line, have your attacking midfielder(s) run to the penalty spot to anticipate a cut-back or a deflection, not stroll around ball-watching. Basic stuff at this level.

Even WBA put some nice passing moves together, I like Morrison, neat and skillful.

I guess flair is a word Megson thought went out in the seventies fashion stakes.

other than Riga who played up front with Davies wide right?

The NOTW slag of the ref summert rotten in todays match review so it's not just us.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.