Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Don't F?ckin Believe This

Guest The Special One

I'm not sure if she's racist, but she's certainly thick. Aren't blokes who wear turbans Sikh? :blink:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Sikhs still asians? :pardon:

Thought the religion originated fron asia.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Sikhs still asians? :pardon:

Thought the religion originated fron asia.

Sorry, I meant they're not the usual targets for racism in the country. I don't know anyone who has a problem with them. I just find it a little odd she has issues with turbans. She just sounds like an odd kid to me with a mother pandering to her oddness.

Sorry, I meant they're not the usual targets for racism in the country. I don't know anyone who has a problem with them. I just find it a little odd she has issues with turbans. She just sounds like an odd kid to me with a mother pandering to her oddness.

The memorial to Sikh soldiers fighting for britain had been attacked plenty of times bythe same king of idiot who attack peadiatricians

undefined

Edited by frank_spencer

I think the woman has got turbans(usually worn by Indian sikhs) mixed up with that white cloth headgear some muslims wear.I certainly haven't seen many Sikh taxi drivers round here <_<

India is part of Asia - along with over 50 other countries and more than 4 Billion people, maybe the lady would have been better trying to narrow it down a bit. :D

I used to drive on the odd occasion for me owd chaps firm (Bestway). You wouldn't believe how many people do not want a'sian drivers. Personally, no problem with em in general although certain ones try to take liberties (as do some white ones).

All this 'racist' nonsense gives me the sh1ts. Whatever happened to freedom of choice? If some fooker is insecure enough to request an 'indigenous' driver, WTF is wrong with that (especially in circumstances where you are booking a cab for your young daughter)? Are the social engineers and dictators of all things acceptable or otherwise going to be telling us where we can and can't poke our c0cks next. Oops, nearly forgot - they already have. They have a 'scare' word to cover that one too - 'homophobia'.

If we continiue to let these coonts interfere with freedom of thought we'll be fooked. Fancy a Stasi, anyone?

Homophobia isn't a byword for heterosexuality, you know.

As for "freedom of choice", it seems to me that has been exercised by all parties here.

The taxi company chose to tell her to f?ck off and the BBC did the same.

Mason: "I know this sounds really racist, but I'm not being - please, don't send anyone like, you know what I mean. An English person would be great, a female would be better."

Operator: "We would class that as being racist. We can't penalise the Asian drivers and just send an English one."

Mason: "You've managed it before."

Operator: "Right, OK. I don't agree with it personally."

Mason: "It's not your 14-year-old girl who's, you know, is it?" Operator: "Yes, but that's racist to say you don't want an Asian driver."

Mason: "If it were me I wouldn't care if it had two heads, but it's my little girl we are talking about."

After asking the woman on the phone to pass the call on to a supervisor, she finally adds: "I work at the BBC. I'm far from racist and that uneducated woman has no right to call me one.

"I don't want her to turn up with a guy with a turban on, it's going to freak her out. She's not used to Asians.

"She's not racist - her godparents are black."

Is she still living in the days of the British Raj?

Cringworthy

Lets look at it another way

If Mason was an asian and she had asked not to be sent a white driver

Do you think the same chain of events would have followed

i.e. sacked by the BBC, etc

PS in Widnes we don't have any asian drivers whatsoever so if she's so concerned about her daughter she can come and live in my attic with the rest of em

could be a phobia.

The memorial to Sikh soldiers fighting for britain had been attacked plenty of times bythe same king of idiot who attack peadiatricians

undefined

There is a Sikh memorial for those who died fighting for Britain in WW2 that overlooks Brighton on the Downs. It has the saddest inscription that you've ever read simply saying, 'They died so far from home.'

• Members
Homophobia isn't a byword for heterosexuality, you know.

As for "freedom of choice", it seems to me that has been exercised by all parties here.

The taxi company chose to tell her to f?ck off and the BBC did the same.

I just get totally f?cked off with folk who want to try to condition us to think a certain way. Just f?ck off, I can come to my own conclusions thank you.

Mason: "I know this sounds really racist, but I'm not being - please, don't send anyone like, you know what I mean. An English person would be great, a female would be better."

Operator: "We would class that as being racist. We can't penalise the Asian drivers and just send an English one."

Mason: "You've managed it before."

Operator: "Right, OK. I don't agree with it personally."

Mason: "It's not your 14-year-old girl who's, you know, is it?" Operator: "Yes, but that's racist to say you don't want an Asian driver."

Mason: "If it were me I wouldn't care if it had two heads, but it's my little girl we are talking about."

After asking the woman on the phone to pass the call on to a supervisor, she finally adds: "I work at the BBC. I'm far from racist and that uneducated woman has no right to call me one.

"I don't want her to turn up with a guy with a turban on, it's going to freak her out. She's not used to Asians.

"She's not racist - her godparents are black."

Is she still living in the days of the British Raj?

Cringworthy

If she is so worried about who may be picking her little treasure up then I would suggest she takes her herself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.