Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Credit Crunch

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for those 3 and a half years you've probably been paid more than the permanent staff doing the same job

Not always the case - a subtle difference to contracting - the company may well have been paying the agency a better rate, but the agency is taking it's cut. the company gains when it has done what it's done by waving goodbye immediately

Edited by Gonk

Not always the case - a subtle difference to contracting - the company may well have been paying the agency a better rate, but the agency is taking it's cut. the company gains when it has done what it's done by waving goodbye immediately

It's not a nice thing to happen but they were well aware they were on a temporary contract, and their t & cs. They're quite entitled to have a good moan but to say it's not fair, well life aint fair!

It's not a nice thing to happen but they were well aware they were on a temporary contract, and their t & cs. They're quite entitled to have a good moan but to say it's not fair, well life aint fair!

Aye, I agree - anyway this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon is going down well.

Don't know what thats got to do with the thread but I thowt I'd share it with you :pardon:

F?ck em

• Site Supporter
Aye, I agree - anyway this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon is going down well.

Don't know what thats got to do with the thread but I thowt I'd share it with you :pardon:

F?ck em

Chile is the place for wine right now. No credit crunch for those chaps. If you like your Cab Sauv, Hungary is next up on the radar, trust me on that...

Chile is the place for wine right now. No credit crunch for those chaps. If you like your Cab Sauv, Hungary is next up on the radar, trust me on that...

He's not wrong. I had a bottle the other week, cheapish and bloody lovely. I can't stand all that oak aged Aussie shite!

You bastards have now got me opening a bottle of CNdP now as it's all I've got in other than a silly priced French thing I daren't touch! On a Tuesday n'all!

• Site Supporter
He's not wrong. I had a bottle the other week, cheapish and bloody lovely. I can't stand all that oak aged Aussie shite!

You bastards have now got me opening a bottle of CNdP now as it's all I've got in other than a silly priced French thing I daren't touch! On a Tuesday n'all!

Look, I can list 10 positives for every negative you can list as to why you shouldn't open a bottle right now.

I'm off to open a bottle of South African Piinotage. A coffeish chocolatey Diemersfontein.

Chin Chin

Look, I can list 10 positives for every negative you can list as to why you shouldn't open a bottle right now.

I'm off to open a bottle of South African Piinotage. A coffeish chocolatey Diemersfontein.

Chin Chin

cheers, traf

• Site Supporter

Well the pinotage has gone and I'm stuck with Shameless

Though I have to say their frank approach to genital warts is a refreshing change.

"Your wart nearly poked my eye out last time I went down on you"

&

"My mum was hypnotised as a child which is why she thinks she's a scouser"

Chin f?cking Chin.

The Chilean stuff is very drinkable, but actually, Argentinian red - especially Malbec, is currently the best, and good value for money. Though it's not as cheap over here as it is in BA or Mendoza

The Chilean stuff is very drinkable, but actually, Argentinian red - especially Malbec, is currently the best, and good value for money. Though it's not as cheap over here as it is in BA or Mendoza

Time to fess up.

It's from Tesco, with a screw top. It cost under 4 quid, and it;s worth 9.4 units on the pissometer.

Does that make me a bad person?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.