Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Credit Crunch

• Site Supporter
I got 20 Lambert n Butlers from WH Smiths in Bolton, ?5.70 :nea: , ?5.15 is the going rate in and around town. I hope they do go the thieving cu nts :angry:

It's tickled me has that. I can see the headline now:

Taken from The Times, March 15th 2009

"WHSmith to close all stores"

WHSmith became the latest victims of the economic downturn/credit cruch/media-driven panic today claiming that pursuing their poilicy of being a bunch of thieving c?nts has caused the chain to go to the wall.

A spokesman said "If only we'd charged 50p less for our snouts we could have avoided this. Instead, we're paying the ultimate price"

Edited by Spider

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This credit crunch excuse is bollox. The media spout on about this and as usual creates panic. How many people can honestly say they have been hit that seriously in the pocket?

Just thought I would remind everybody how this thread started - surely the most inane post for many a year!

• Moderators
If you're a FTB at the moment (and have a deposit) the housing market has never looked so good.

Just snapped up a real bargain - 40% cheaper than it was this time last year.

Never?It's got a fcuking long wayto when I bought Carlos Towers for 3 and 6.

It's tickled me has that. I can see the headline now:

Taken from The Times, March 15th 2009

"WHSmith to close all stores"

WHSmith became the latest victims of the economic downturn/credit cruch/media-driven panic today claiming that pursuing their poilicy of being a bunch of thieving c?nts has caused the chain to go to the wall.

A spokesman said "If only we'd charged 50p less for our snouts we could have avoided this. Instead, we're paying the ultimate price"

::lol:: funny that

If you're a FTB at the moment (and have a deposit) the housing market has never looked so good.

Just snapped up a real bargain - 40% cheaper than it was this time last year.

has property really fallen by as much as 40% up in Bolton? - either way, I would expect property to keep falling for at least a further 6 months or so

Not sure - but I got a new build.

I knew that their year end was approaching so was cheeky. They've stopped building on that site so it was pretty obvious they were cash hungry.

I have no intention of moving for at least 5-7 years so happy days!

some new builds in warrington have ceased at the min and i know that they r knocking some out at 25k cheaper than a few months ago. how pissed off would you be if your neighbour moved in and paid 25-30 k less than you for a new build

PS - credit cruch affecting the moose family as there is 5 of us and shopping etc is well up to what it was 12 months ago or even 6 on the weekly shop, tins of peas 65p the robbin bastards

some new builds in warrington have ceased at the min and i know that they r knocking some out at 25k cheaper than a few months ago. how pissed off would you be if your neighbour moved in and paid 25-30 k less than you for a new build

PS - credit cruch affecting the moose family as there is 5 of us and shopping etc is well up to what it was 12 months ago or even 6 on the weekly shop, tins of peas 65p the robbin bastards

don't buy peas! don't buy food. Its healthier!!!!

• Site Supporter

there are some 'posh' apartments near me, list ?160k for sale at ?90k

all these savers moaning, should club together and buy a load of cheap new property for cash and rent it out.

still be better than any ISA or pension in the long term

Our sales figures got released this week, we're 9% up on last year

Internet sales are up 41%

Having said that, I had to settle for an 8.94% rise last year so I'll expect a bigger rise this year

The credit crunch is only affecting me due to the exchange rate, my holiday this year will now cost me an extra couple of grand and my mortgage in American dollars is now only 1.43 instead of 2.10 so I'm having to buy fewer lobsters and beluga caviar for tea

Our sales figures got released this week, we're 9% up on last year

Internet sales are up 41%

Having said that, I had to settle for an 8.94% rise last year so I'll expect a bigger rise this year

The credit crunch is only affecting me due to the exchange rate, my holiday this year will now cost me an extra couple of grand and my mortgage in American dollars is now only 1.43 instead of 2.10 so I'm having to buy fewer lobsters and beluga caviar for tea

We're all very pleased for you.

Keep up the good work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.