Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Amir

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I was a fan of Khan until he knocked that bloke over speeding and undertaking on a crossing.. Still I thought he'll probably say I'm really sorry I made a mistake. Then he goes on the town hall steps after the verdict saying this vindicates me. After that I couldn't care less and if I'm honest, I'm slightly embarrassed by his connection with the club. I don't hate him, I just feel nothing.

Warren is talking about putting him in with Juan Marquez if he wins tomorrow.

Barrera past is best is one thing but this Marquez in his prime would be the end.

No he's not, hes talking about him being the no1 Contender for the title Marquez holds.

Marquez will be vacating and moving up to chase Pac Man.

Neck on the line.

Barrera won't be able to handle Khan. Khan will be gung ho the first few rounds, then back off and do some running where Barrera won't be able to find him.

Khan will then finnish him

Neck on the line.

Khan will be gung ho the first few rounds

Not sure about that at all, think he will take a good look at Barrera first.

Surely Barrera punches harder than Limond and Gomez who had Khan in all sorts of bother - with head shots and to the body.

Don't think anyone is confident on what the outcome will be though - good fight

No he's not, hes talking about him being the no1 Contender for the title Marquez holds.

Marquez will be vacating and moving up to chase Pac Man.

Warren said he'd want the winner to be put with Marquez, Pac Man won't fight him again unless he lost to Hatton.

Diaz looked handy as well when they fought the other week, just ran out of steam.

Them same fighters you talk about...name one which is as good as Amir.

Have I said any are better or worse, I am saying that he has been given preferential treatment and a large amout of wedge very soon in his career and he's won nowt of note!!!!

That Cuban would have turned him over again if he had not been given a pay off......what a swizz that was.

Warren said he'd want the winner to be put with Marquez, Pac Man won't fight him again unless he lost to Hatton.

Diaz looked handy as well when they fought the other week, just ran out of steam.

Don't read the headlines.

He said he is try to make this a title eliminator as Barrera is ranked no1 and Amir is no2. Freddie Roach then said they would evaluate the situation if it arises as he may need a few tune up fights before fighting for a world title.

If Marquez doesnt vacate(which he wil), then they wont take the fight.

No headlines, it's what Warren said in the press conferance, it is a final eliminator. Agree though if Marquez isn't interested then the winner will fight someone else for vacent title. Although he should fight John Murray first so we know which our best British lightweight is.

On another note did that Michael Gomez film ever get released? http://www.gomezmovie.com/

Was supposed to be end of last year, presume it hasn't got a distributor.

No headlines, it's what Warren said in the press conferance, it is a final eliminator. Agree though if Marquez isn't interested then the winner will fight someone else for vacent title. Although he should fight John Murray first so we know which our best British lightweight is.

On another note did that Michael Gomez film ever get released? http://www.gomezmovie.com/

Was supposed to be end of last year, presume it hasn't got a distributor.

Which is what I said, he won't fight Marquez.

I dont think the lad can do right from doing wrong.

If he's brought up in Heaton he's a 'rich p?ki'

If he runs someone over whilst speeding he's 'a dirty flash p?ki'.

If he supports our troops, he's 'an attention seeking p?ki'

If he's seen watching Bolton, he's really a 'Munich p?ki'.

But, if he wins the world crown, he's 'our p?ki'.

The lad is a young boxer from Bolton and we're the world greatest in knocking our own.

I dont think the lad can do right from doing wrong.

If he's brought up in Heaton he's a 'rich p?ki'

If he runs someone over whilst speeding he's 'a dirty flash p?ki'.

If he supports our troops, he's 'an attention seeking p?ki'

If he's seen watching Bolton, he's really a 'Munich p?ki'.

But, if he wins the world crown, he's 'our p?ki'.

The lad is a young boxer from Bolton and we're the world greatest in knocking our own.

What he said.

I take issue with those who call him a Munich.

He fights all over the country and will fight all over the world: he does this wearing Reebok clothes and Bolton badges.

There's no kudos/street cred (call it what you will) in wearing either the clothes or the badges. Yes, he gets paid by Rbk for wearing that tat, but I don't see what he gains by "pretending" to be a Bolton fan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.