Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Well That Was A Bit Shit

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we've got more points than at least 3 teams below us. That's how football works. United will win the league because they have more points than 19 below them. Over a season, teams finish where they deserve to be.

No it wouldn't, fans are fans. Sure, the JCL's may drift away, and may well come back with a new manager, but the core 18,000 BWFC have got in every division will always be there.

His remit was to save us when he arrived. He did so. His remit for this season was to improve on last season and build the base for improvement again. He has done that. Is he the longterm answer, no I don't think so. But he's kept us up twice, this year above much bigger clubs and with a younger side. We've tried to play more passing football than anytime under Allardyce, sometimes it's come off, others it hasn't. Takes time to build a side, more than 18 months definately, and he's had to build while making sure there's enough there to keep us up.

The next manager will reap the benefits of the foundations he's laying.

18000? more like 4000

now that's funny...very funny...

when he does go...and i hope it will be the close season, when the penny finally drops that only about 28 fans think he is any fucking good...

he will continually harp on about how he kept us in the prem twice!!...and how were bottom when he took over...Zzzzzz

how much longer are people going to give this joker...

his style of play is shocking,

he is tactically niave in knowing how to change things,

he has the personality of a fucking wet tea bag...god only knows how he motivates people...

his CV is shocking, he was out of work, working for free at Stoke 6 months before he came to us (what does that say?...I haven't seen a single comment from a single fan of any of the clubs he has previously relegat...ooops sorry managed give him credit for anything...

only a terribly poor bottom 6 have saved us from relegation...if a couple of those had put on a Fulham style escape like last year...we would be serioulsy in the shit...

The 18,000 hardcore will be significantly less next year...nailed on factomundo...your comment on JCL and hardcore fans hold no ground whatso ever...

Nearly all who i speak to hate the cunt...

Some guy earlier said we will always have a core 18000 support. Not sure about that, certainly about 11000 seem to disappear for every cup game and many more games like today will not set the turnstiles alight.

As for the next Manager benefitting by the building work Megson's doing. What building work? The thinnest, least talented squad for a long while, nobody lined up to replace Davo who won't go on for ever and a bench that cant even be filled some games.

If Gary Megson would just now and again say " Sorry, I got it wrong " he would gain much more respect. To constantly blame fans and players is cowardly and this stubborn refusal to ever admit he gets things wrong will be his downfall.

Really don't understand the hatred that spills out towards the man. Anything positive is inspite of him, any negative because of him and no-one else.

The "he goes on about keeping us up when we were bottom" bollocks - he fcuking should do, it was a big achievement and without it we'd be in the shoes of Charlton/Southampton/Norwich right now.

Why is it that every non-Bolton fan can't understand the shit he gets? He makes mistakes - name me a manager that never makes a wrong selection, or a wrong subsitution.

If Gary Megson would just now and again say " Sorry, I got it wrong " he would gain much more respect. To constantly blame fans and players is cowardly and this stubborn refusal to ever admit he gets things wrong will be his downfall.

And then be called weak? Do you remember a manager calling the fans ignorant & naive?

As for your second point, constantly? really?

Then why did he bring M Davies on to change it? Which worked. Why did he bring on Riga?

Wow wee he brought Davies on which anyone with half a football brain knew was the correct option. As for Riga, he is a pile of shite. He is negative and I can't see how anyone can say owt different. We played a team who are low on confidence and apart from poor finishing were much better at passing and moving.

Edited by jolly-olly

What building work? The thinnest, least talented squad for a long while

Thinnest, yes. Least talented... no.

Newcastle are the prime example of what happens when a new manager tries to build a squad without getting rid of the dead-wood first, 51 pro's they have. Doing them good isn't it. He's stripping it down to a core, and will improve on it when he can. It's called "LONG TERM PLANNING" with SHORT TERM OBJECTIVES ---- that would be staying in the premiership and thereby securing the future of the club.

Fuck it, I'm off out.

And then be called weak? Do you remember a manager calling the fans ignorant & naive?

As for your second point, constantly? really?

I dont think its weak at all. Much greater Managers than him have publickly stated they got things wrong. The players cant even answer back when week in week out he has a go at them. What responsibilty does he and his coaching staff have for performances like today?

I dont think its weak at all. Much greater Managers than him have publickly stated they got things wrong. The players cant even answer back when week in week out he has a go at them. What responsibilty does he and his coaching staff have for performances like today?

You may not but trust me, I'm sure plenty will so I reckon he can't win on that front. Much greater managers have refused to accept they've got it wrong as well so I really don't see your point about this.

As I said you say it's constant this blaming players, I haven't heard him say that constantly & SSN is on pretty often in this house. & what makes you say they can't answer back?

BTW, I thought we were shit today n'all.

Edited by no balls

You may not but trust me, I'm sure plenty will so I reckon he can't win on that front. Much greater managers have refused to accept they've got it wrong as well so I really don't see your point about this.

As I said you say it's constant this blaming players, I haven't heard him say that constantly & SSN is on pretty often in this house. & what makes you say they can't answer back?

BTW, I thought we were shit today n'all.

Perhaps I'm just disappointed. I really thought we might finish with 3 wins, 48 points and a decent kitty for next season.

You were right, we were real shit today. Sorrow drowning time now, you coming?

No, we've got more points than at least 3 teams below us. That's how football works. United will win the league because they have more points than 19 below them. Over a season, teams finish where they deserve to be.

No it wouldn't, fans are fans. Sure, the JCL's may drift away, and may well come back with a new manager, but the core 18,000 BWFC have got in every division will always be there.

His remit was to save us when he arrived. He did so. His remit for this season was to improve on last season and build the base for improvement again. He has done that. Is he the longterm answer, no I don't think so. But he's kept us up twice, this year above much bigger clubs and with a younger side. We've tried to play more passing football than anytime under Allardyce, sometimes it's come off, others it hasn't. Takes time to build a side, more than 18 months definately, and he's had to build while making sure there's enough there to keep us up.

The next manager will reap the benefits of the foundations he's laying.

please god let it be next season

Well lot a load of sh?t...

I wouldn't mind half so much if there was a bit of enthusiasm

We're the home side for f?ck sake

Nine players playing in our third of the pitch, inviting Sunderland to come and play, then when we get it a dink up towards Elmander or Davies

Cohen....was he actually fit?

I actually feel for people who've paid up front to go and watch that shite

To be fair to the crowd, there was a small chant of off off near me, but on the whole seemed okay....they gave more than they got back in return anyway

I'm not sure how people get excited anymore to go and sit through it...its a punishment

I'm glad Im away for a bit now

Edited by Bigtoe

i'll try and add a balanced view without any of the slagging off of other fans that seems to be a common theme to this thread.

Positive Side

We have stayed in the premier league for another season

For me the basis of a decent team in Jussi, Cahill, Steinsen, Taylor, McCann (wouldn't play in the same team as Muamba - get in each others way), Muamba (in the right role), Davies, Davies and Gardner - needs adding to for sure left back, centre half, quality midfielder who can pass a ball, striker.

Stability of a management structure - look what happened at Charlton when the fans lost patience with Curbishley.

Struggling for others

Negative side

A team that plays the least amount of football of any BWFC team in recent history. For those of you who say we were shit under BSA, apart from the last 6 months i disagree entirely - at least we had players who could pass a ball

A manager who for me is too negative. What did we have to worry about today not to play 4-4-2 and have a go. it was insipid at best, shit if im being honest.

Based on the lack of quality on show and the fans split view on the manager we are a club that is ripping itself apart

a declining fan base - as a fan of 30 years, i'm finding harder to justify why I should travel to be royally unentertained and normally come away pissed off due to the sheer tedium of what I have to watch most home games

Where does that leave me overall. Struggling with my love of the club versus the frustration of watching the team who play the worst football in the premier league. That is not saying what we do isn't effective, it is just driving me crazy.

I want to turn up at the Reebok and enjoy a game now and again, there haven't been many this season, even the majority of the wins have been dull games.

Bring on the summer and within a few weeks I will be missing it all as usual, bring in a few quality signings and I as usual will be back for more, fool that I am.

Keep the faith

Can someone tell me how many home games this season where they have gone home thinking, 'that was worth the money that was'.

Now my sensible head says 'he keeps us up, thats job done'.

The heart in me thinks 'fuck it, I'm not making the effort to pay good money to watch that shite' which is probably why I have only actully bothered half a dozen times this season because 90% of the time, what I see on Football First every week is fucking dire. I have about 5% of the interest I had 10 years ago.

Bolton play shit boring football 90% of the time - triple fact with carnation milk on top.

And before any of the halfwitted JCL's dare start.......

smiffs

Over 80 league grounds watching the Wanderers

Everyone bar Cahill seemed to already be on their holidays!

Was a good job Sunderland were awful in front of goal

a team that had nothing to realy play for against a team who had got something to play for but are basically shite. was the most boring game of association football i have attended in a long time. i suppose you have to put up with games like this every now and again.

• Site Supporter
I know the table says we have more points than last season, but I think that today's performance and many others this season have shown this to be the poorest Bolton side since the Championship days, IMO. I'm off to the bookies to get odds on our relegation next year.

Elmander is a disgrace to the shirt. Not only does he have a couldnt care less attitude, he's a crap player too and I dont get those who say he will get better.

Who produced those Mickey Mouse stats recently claiming to show Muamba was one of the best passers in the league? His first 6 passes today went to Sunderland and he even heads it to them. From what I have seen, Chris Basham is much better and it can only be an attempt to justify huge fees that keeps Elmander and Muamba in that line up.

Well done Cahill and Steinsson.

WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER LOAD OF SHITE!!!

:rofl:

I think he meant 3k, Ziggy. The again, sometimes I think my memory must be going as I don't remember the 25k home fans and winning every match every week back at burnden.

P.S. Next season my little wish is for something a little more interesting, but I just can't see it happening under Gaz.

I think he meant 3k, Ziggy. The again, sometimes I think my memory must be going as I don't remember the 25k home fans and winning every match every week back at burnden.

P.S. Next season my little wish is for something a little more interesting, but I just can't see it happening under Gaz.

NB i think you will find he was actually correct with 18k. i don't care what the record books say but that attendance at the Darlington match back int 80's that bonfire night was exactly 18k.

10 points for naming the last game at Burnden that had a crowd over 25k. Late seventies ?

What worries me is that we may find ourselves in a ever decreasing circle, a quick straw poll around us today found 4 out of 12 ST holders, who have all had the same seats since the ground opened, not bothering renewing next season. All for the same reason, the lack of entertainment/enjoyment. Not necessarily Megsons fault per se, but something that needs addressing sooner before its too late.

10 points for naming the last game at Burnden that had a crowd over 25k. Late seventies ?

What worries me is that we may find ourselves in a ever decreasing circle, a quick straw poll around us today found 4 out of 12 ST holders, who have all had the same seats since the ground opened, not bothering renewing next season. All for the same reason, the lack of entertainment/enjoyment. Not necessarily Megsons fault per se, but something that needs addressing sooner before its too late.

man city '79

NB i think you will find he was actually correct with 18k. i don't care what the record books say but that attendance at the Darlington match back int 80's that bonfire night was exactly 18k.

So how come we only get 20k home fans and that's in the premiership? I don't think we've got more than 12k to be honest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.