Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Shirt Sponsor...188bet.com

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Firthy
Think i heard someone shout you Firthy

That'll be my mum. I think my spaghetti hoops on toast is ready.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just been down Reebok to renew season ticket, so thought id call into club shop to see the new top in person def growing on me. Also young lass working there told me not to tell anyone but the new away kit is going to be Dark Blue oops sorry love.

Cant be anyworse than our current morning piss yellow or previous city light blue tops.

Guest squidgy66
Just been down Reebok to renew season ticket, so thought id call into club shop to see the new top in person def growing on me. Also young lass working there told me not to tell anyone but the new away kit is going to be Dark Blue oops sorry love.

Cant be anyworse than our current morning pisss yellow or previous city light blue tops.

Wasn't the one before last dark blue (with silver piping on it). Hardly original

• 1 month later...

For no other reason but a bit of useless trivia, The Times reports today that 188Bet are paying us ?600,000 for the shirt sponsorship deal. I assume this is per season.

Portsmouth are thought to have signed the cheapest deal, a three-year contract with a local online recruitment agency worth only ?250,000. That compares with the ?14 million raked in by Manchester United from the last year of their deal with AIG and the ?20 million annual payment that the club will get next season from Aon, who, like AIG, are an American insurance company.

Other lowly clubs have also struggled: Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic will share a sponsor this season, 188Bet. The online gambling company is thought to have paid a total of only ?1.1 million for the deals.

The top deals this season are: Manchester United (AIG), ?14 million; Chelsea (Samsung), ?10 million; Tottenham Hotspur (Mansion), ?8 million; Manchester City (Etihad) and Liverpool (Carlsberg), ?7.5 million, and Arsenal (Emirates), ?6 million. The lowest deals are Portsmouth (Jobsite), ?250,000, Bolton Wanderers (188Bet), ?600,000 and Wigan Athletic (188Bet), ?500,000.

At least we have got a better deal out of 188Bet than the pie-eaters!!

I doubt Citeh will get fuck all as a sponsorship figure considering their owner is also the owner of Etihad as well.

They will get the money from Etihad, it's just another way to move the money around

The fact that United get ?20M per year, and Portsmouth only get ?250K is incredible really

They will get the money from Etihad, it's just another way to move the money around

The fact that United get ?20M per year, and Portsmouth only get ?250K is incredible really

This is this partly the result of the new TV deal, when you are paid for so many TV appearances but you don't actually need to be screened that number of times. Its OK for the likes of us to get the cash from Sky and ESPN but with little TV coverage it becomes very difficult to sell sponsorship.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.