Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

Guest bwfcdan
Bolton have been linked with a swoop for Preston's starlet Danny Mayor, despite the fact he is yet to appear for North End.

The pacey winger was sent out on loan by Preston boss Alan Irvine at the end of last season to League One side Tranmere Rovers and has managed to catch the eye of the Bolton boss. However, Blackburn Rovers have also been linked with the 18-year-old and Preston will not want to see one of their hottest prospects leave Deepdale.

Though he's only 18, he cant be that brilliant if he's not even got on the bench for Preston.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that feeling just returned from Jamaica last weekend, spent a fortune on internet vouchers for updates on our 'imminent' signing which didn't materialise!

Now that tylswhite is back off holiday, you only have one place you need to come to see the real transfer news.

Guest bwfcdan
he spent all last season on loan at trampmere, he'll have gone there at 17 not many players get near their 1st team squad at 17

Fair point :good:

• Moderators
Any news on Veloso Tylswhite? Rumours going round that Sporting have put there valuation upto ?20m again because Arse & Massives are back interested in him?

Gaz, wind your neck back in. Tyls is first with the news when it happens, asking him doesn't make it happen any quicker.

Sporting seem to want a bidding war for Veloso, and he's contracted till 2013 anyway so they're in no rush.

Sounds like we're out then.

Next target Huddlestone ?

Davis on his way here after 30th June ?

Robinson - anything happening ?

Anyone else in the frame ?

Bored .....

:blink:

Sporting seem to want a bidding war for Veloso, and he's contracted till 2013 anyway so they're in no rush.

Bored .....

this chap has been touting himself for a prem move again

moumouni-dagano_joueurfoot.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moumouni_Dagano

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11672_5384424,00.html

Edited by frank_spencer

• Moderators

Bored .....

10 million is 10 million

contracted to 2013 or otherwise

he'll leave this summer if somebody actually stumps up the 10 million

according to SSN Sean Davis is expected to sign soon on a free transfer. Not a surprising transfer to say the least if it goes through but a good acquisition. He is a good box-to-box player, is better than mccann and has about 10 years of prem experience with fulham, spurs and pompey.

hopefully the first of many!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11672_5385795,00.html

Edited by jonathan

according to SSN Seasn Davis is expected to sign soon on a free transfer. Not a surprising transfer to say the least if it goes through but a good acquisition. He is a good box-to-box player, is better than mccann and has about 10 years of prem experience with fulham, spurs and pompey.

Yes agreed, he will definietely be a good signing although at 1st i was unsure, the good thing is that Matty Taylor sold his good friend the town and the club, megson must be doing something right

according to SSN Seasn Davis is expected to sign soon on a free transfer. Not a surprising transfer to say the least if it goes through but a good acquisition. He is a good box-to-box player, is better than mccann and has about 10 years of prem experience with fulham, spurs and pompey.

Where've you been all my life Jonathan?! Cracking use of vocabulary too :good:

Welcome Back!

10 million is 10 million

contracted to 2013 or otherwise

he'll leave this summer if somebody actually stumps up the 10 million

Other stories say Sporting believe bigger clubs are interested and are trying to push the price up towards ?20m again, waiting for a bidding war. Unless they need money quickly, why should they do otherwise.

We'll see, but I doubt it'll be settled soon and can we afford to hang about.

from F365

Bolton are reportedly refusing to cough up ?13million for Sporting Libson star Miguel Veloso.

Wanderers remain interested in the 23-year-old midfielder but Gary Megson is reluctant to spend so much on the Portuguese international.

Veloso has been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal in the past and Sporting's valuation has already dropped since Everton bowed out of the chase when they were asked for ?17million for the player in the January window.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Bolton are thought to be unwilling to go much beyond ?10million as Veloso had a reported fall-out with Sporting coach Paulo Bento last season and is keen on a move.

FWIW my mate just txt me about the Davis transfer and said its definatley on as reported but it might not go through for a bit yet. He also told me we beat off competition from Blackburn for him, shows we must have something decent to offer? :pardon:

FWIW my mate just txt me about the Davis transfer and said its definatley on as reported but it might not go through for a bit yet. He also told me we beat off competition from Blackburn for him, shows we must have something decent to offer? :pardon:

He's still contracted to Portsmouth for a few more days though, isn't he? Just a thought as transfer dealings need to be whiter than white these days! :pardon:

Think the reported 40 k a week might have something to do with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.