Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to the Argentine league ? I find that hard to imagine.

Faster & less time/space here maybe.

maybe could have a point there tackles do fly in Argentina but the lads 5ft 2 and not the quickest ( although i wouldn't say hes slow neither) and although tackles do fly in over there i don't think a 8 pm November kick off at stoke away in the rain would be his cup of tea but you never no ? :pardon:

Edited by W_a_n_d_e_r_e_r_s

we'll sign 3 new players before the season starts

muamba and elmander will come good

mid-table beckons

forget europe - we've not got the money to compete for those places

a cup run and finishing above jackburn, pie men and burnley would be nice =D>

we'll sign 3 new players before the season starts

muamba and elmander will come good

mid-table beckons

forget europe - we've not got the money to compete for those places

a cup run and finishing above jackburn, pie men and burnley would be nice =D>

I think that?s a fair assessment, but I still don?t think it will appease some people :nea:

maybe could have a point there tackles do fly in Argentina but the lads 5ft 2 and not the quickest ( although i wouldn't say hes slow neither) and although tackles do fly in over there i don't think a 8 pm November kick off at stoke away in the rain would be his cup of tea but you never no ? :pardon:

Aye, 5-2 is short even for a traditional BW player.

It can be cold & dark & wet in an Argentine winter, I'm sure. But that wind off t'moors is summat else again.

Sky Sports reporting were about to make a 10million pound bid for Veloso, any truth? or just rubbish.

Who the fuck is Veloso?

Sounds like an opera singer.

I'd rather have the likes of Mcginlay ,patterson, and walker in the team .

Edited by Northy

perhaps we just shouldn't buy anybody

I agree. After all we won the FA cup with a team that didn't cost a transfer fee. We haven't been as successful since.

Edited by Biff

Lot of foreign sources seem to have picked up a BW renewed interest in Veloso.

I just keep having this nagging feeling about the club's biggest ever fee for a midfield player ........... 1979 and all that.

:nea:

And his name ends in an "o" as well.

Rather worryingly heard that Kevin Davies is getting more tempted by the Hull offer than even I thought.

At his age, he sees it as possibly the last chance in his career for a big money transfer and the fat signing-on fee that goes with it. Add to that he is good mates with Phil Brown, who my mate reports they bump into each other a few mornings a week on the school run, adds to the dilema Davies is pondering.

My mate (who is good mates with Davies and his wife Emma) reckons Kev will stay at The Reebok but it could be a very close decision.

Manchester evening news reckons we have tabled a 10.2 million bid for Veloso

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...tracking_veloso

BN was saying this morning that Sean Davis will turn down Portsmouths new offer and sign for us.

He was up lhere last week & is available on a free from !st July ............its not quite a done deal as there's always a chance of a 'bigger ' club nicking

him at the death.

He was up here last week & is available on a free from !st July ............its not quite a done deal as there's always a chance of agent Willie McKay finding himself bigger commission elsewhere at the death.

Our source told me last night that we're ready try our best to sign him this week

This is from same source who tells me so lets hope its right :good: Been on holiday for the last week, was hoping to come back to see we had signed a few but theres still time =D>

This is from same source who tells me so lets hope its right :good: Been on holiday for the last week, was hoping to come back to see we had signed a few but theres still time =D>

You utter, utter Bastard - you could have said - that's a week of my life wasted checking on here every 10 minutes for your updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.