Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

Current situation on a few transfer targets.

Veloso

We are trying to tie up a ?6 million deal for him in the next few weeks and Sporting seem keen on it but him and his agent arent too keen and are trying to get a "bigger" move.

Distin

Has other options and is very unlikely to come to us.

Sean Davis

Battling with Wigan, Blackburn and Sunderland to sign him on a free.

Paul Robinson

This is most likely of the four to happen for obvious reasons.

Come on you whites =D>

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one ive just got is we are after Paul Scholes. Likelihood is he will stay at scum though even though theres a few others interested also. Apparantley it will be in the sun tomorrow.

Been a great player but I think is talent is seriously on the wane, would leave him well alone.

Been a great player but I think is talent is seriously on the wane, would leave him well alone.

I would agree that is talent is on the wane, but hes the type we want to move the ball about quicky and have the ability to prod and poke at a defence but cant see him leaving them down the road

Guest bwfcdan
He may play for United but i'd have Scholes in our midfield anyday!! quality player!! even at his age he's 100x better than Muamba and Mcann!!

Current situation on a few transfer targets.

Paul Robinson

This is most likely of the four to happen for obvious reasons.

Come on you whites =D>

We've already got Jussi and Ali why do we need another keeper?

Regarding Scholes, show my arse on town hall steps comes to mind but wouldn't it be a great signing.

Surely he will end his days at United with maybe a swan-song at his beloved Oldham?

Reminds me of the Peter Beardsley links. Chased him for ages and when he arrived, what a disappointment. Take a wanning talent out of a team full of quality and he looked lost.

Are we going soft, what do we want a ex-scum for :angry:

Very good and normally quite right too...

...but at desperate times when we need somebody in centre midfield who can constantly pass a ball forward to one of our players - never mind creating something - a United player has to be considered.

We should give veloso 2 weeks to consider his options then if he is not ready to commit move on, personally speaking I am not that bothered about him as I think he is a defensive midfielder, I would rather spend 6 mill on an attacking midfielder.

On the button, Mounts. We don't want to waste the summer chasing a player who really wants to go somewhere else. If he doesn't want to sign, let's go after players we have more chance of getting in. Put Veloso on the back-burner as a possible late signing if WE still need HIM.

Would love to see Scholes here, Munich or not, I don't agree that his talent is fading maybe just his legs. He is an absolute class act.

Veloso like others have said, I would really like to see him come but give him a deadline of a few weeks and if he still hasn't decided then fcuk him off.

I've already said that I would very much like Distin, Sean Davis would be another good signing. But WHY Paul Robinson? IMO JLloyd has had a decent season and it is one area of the team that does not need looking at.

Would love to see Scholes here, Munich or not, I don't agree that his talent is fading maybe just his legs. He is an absolute class act.

Tony Dunne, Alan Gowling, and Willie Morgan weren't bad signings that had played for United?

I agree, Scholes would be a great asset.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.