Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like we have made a bid for ferrie bodde with swansea fc chairman confirming an approach

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?...97844&id=79

i guess this means that our pursuit of veloso and huddlestone are unlikely to be pursued

This means that at the moment we are likely to land davis on a free, possibly robinson at about ?1m and bodde for about ?2m. Not bad business but i hope that means megson can use the rest of his transfer kitty to get one or two big purchases as well

We have had a bid of around 2.5 million turned down

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,...1704156,00.html

Guest Blixa

Well, they were going to sell to Derby for ?2 million last year - and since then he's been crocked. So on the face of it, the offer is as good as e should offer. Even more so.

Well, they were going to sell to Derby for ?2 million last year - and since then he's been crocked. So on the face of it, the offer is as good as e should offer. Even more so.

I would be suprised if went back for him now, their chairman said somewhere that they value him a lot higher than ?2.5 million. Its not worth paying much more than what we bid for a player coming back from a serious injury with no premiership experience.

• Site Supporter
I would be suprised if went back for him now, their chairman said somewhere that they value him a lot higher than ?2.5 million. Its not worth paying much more than what we bid for a player coming back from a serious injury with no premiership experience.

I agree, however how much did we pay for Davies? (Mark)

Thanks for that, :good:

I'd like to see a bit of experiance with a player valued more than 2.5million

I agree, if he was 22-23 maybe we could go a bit higher because there would be a chance to sell him on. With him being 27 and just back from a bad injury he would be worth jack shit if he flopped for us and it would be money down the drain.

Is he back from the knee injury or is he hoping to be back from it for pre-season?

All I can add is for every Ricardo Gardner (good record of knee injury recovery) there is a Jimmy Bullard and Vaz Te

what does he do garpo

a replacement for veloso?

I think that Fernandez is deemed to be an attacking midfielder and Veloso a more defensie minded one...........that's not to say he isn't being brought in as a replacement though. Fernandez has cost around 5M euros I think, and I doubt that Sporting chuck that kind of money around lightly, with them playing in a peasant league

We should get in for Moutinho asap, I'm fairly convinced that anyone who rates Veloso actually saw this bloke and got confused.

Carlos, you know more about the Portugese league than anybody else on here, in theory, if we were going to look at signing either Moutinho or Veloso, do you think that it would be appealing to Sporting to get Vaz T? as part of a deal? - because I doubt he will ever do much in the PL

Eider is in the paper today saying he is leaving Barca and the most likely destination being the Premier League! He also said that there is lots of interest from clubs in the PL!!!

I for one hope we are one of those clubs!

If we are not in for him I would be very suprised.

Eider is in the paper today saying he is leaving Barca and the most likely destination being the Premier League! He also said that there is lots of interest from clubs in the PL!!!

I for one hope we are one of those clubs!

He also says that he and Gianfranco know the PL inside out. Which could be a clue to where he may be going.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.