Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sultana About To Goe Tits Up

• Site Supporter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8090633.stm

Setanta faces administration "within days" unless backers provide more funds to pay ?30m it owes to the English Premier League, reports have suggested.

The broadcaster has already failed to pay the Scottish Premier League ?3m it owes in television rights money.

Setanta, which also shows cricket, golf and rugby union, has about 1.2 million subscribers but is losing up to ?100m a year, analysts say.

Deloitte is set to step in to run the firm if it goes into administration.

Would-be customers who attempted to subscribe to Setanta through its website were on Tuesday told that it was not possible because of "routine maintenance". Meanwhile anybody trying to subscribe by phone receives a recorded message saying that "The service is temporarily out of order".

A spokesman for Setanta declined to comment on the firm's situation.

its itv digital all over again.

not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Customer service is appauling & never respond so when I cancelled via email they ignored my first 2 mails, then tried to make me pay for 2 months before I could get out. Cancelled my DD and have bene trying to phone for the last month's worth. They can get to fuck if they think they're getting another bean off me!

Customer service is appauling & never respond so when I cancelled via email they ignored my first 2 mails, then tried to make me pay for 2 months before I could get out. Cancelled my DD and have bene trying to phone for the last month's worth. They can get to fuck if they think they're getting another bean off me!

I had similar experiene to you NB. When I cancelled the DD, the day before their service finished I had 3 phone calls offering me their package at ?5.99 per month for 3 months to stay. Naturally I declined. Shit service,shit coverage good ridance.

I got/get Sultana free, as I am an Virgin Mediacustomer. I have watched it several times, and can confirm it's pretty cack, I won't miss it to be honest. I will however use their demise as an excuse to call up Virgin Media, and threaten to cancel, which should get me a further reduction for a couple of months.

You and I the consumer.

In which case I can agree.

Sky can continue to charge the rate they do but at the next TV contract renewal look to reduce prices with the Premier League dramatically.

As I said on the other thread, there was mention of ESPN being interested. Lets hope they now come to the table.

Sky have lost so much sport to Setanta, yet they put the prices up?

Hatton and Khan on boxing, ?15 a time

People slate Setanta (and rightly so for their customer service/tw?ts when it comes to cancelling), but ?10 a month for what they offered was great value for money.

Sky have lost so much sport to Setanta, yet they put the prices up?

Hatton and Khan on boxing, ?15 a time

People slate Setanta (and rightly so for their customer service/tw?ts when it comes to cancelling), but ?10 a month for what they offered was great value for money.

What they offered wasn't enough to make people sign up though.

I only know 1 person who pays for Setanta and he only does it for the UFC

Everyone else only has it because it was given to them free as part of their Virgin/BT Vison package

Set of arseholes - when trying to cancel, you go through all the button pressing, only to be told they are busy - ring back later. Can't hold, and can't cancel any other way.

Took me almost 2 months to cancel the bloody thing, and when we finally did, they left it on for a month.

Ironic that they are going into administration when they appear not to understand the meaning of the word.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.