Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wolves Roll Call

Guest bwfcdan

• Site Supporter
very tempted this was my first ever away game back when i was a young un

It was one of my very early aways. Frightened me to death! Only a couple of hundred of us behind the goal surrounded by a fair number of Orange clad Wolves fans. We all got run all over the subways. I got back to the coach unscathed, my mate got back to the coach un-shoed and without his jacket.

It was one of my very early aways. Frightened me to death! Only a couple of hundred of us behind the goal surrounded by a fair number of Orange clad Wolves fans. We all got run all over the subways. I got back to the coach unscathed, my mate got back to the coach un-shoed and without his jacket.

Bit like travelling with Biff's lot these days :p

Guest Frandsen08

sounds like our trip, we got off the train and i was with my dad and 2 uncles and their was a few bolton fans with but not many, some one asked whats the best pub to go in and do they let kids in , some brummie train worker said one down the road , it has wolves fans in but they let away fans and there is never any trouble , in we go and it was just a sea of orange all went silent like something out of a film and with in 5 minutes their was a fight and pushing and shouting going on. my dad grabbed me to get out of there i left with a glass of coke in my hand and my coat ripped.

happy days.

Guest bwfcdan
We were behind the goal the last time we played at Wolves. I take it you didn't go.

Yeh i know we were, Kevin Davies scored at our end... im only saying because some clubs prefer the lower tier section. So stop trying to be clever :nea:

Yeh i know we were, Kevin Davies scored at our end... im only saying because some clubs prefer the lower tier section. So stop trying to be clever :nea:

Now Dan, You don't know me and I was not trying to be clever. Your post implied that the away support was going to be behind the goals and not along the side of the pitch as it had been for the previous four or five games that Bolton had played at Wolves. The away supporters were only sited along the side of the pitch because Wolves were redeveloping their ground. Since that has finished away supporters have been back behind the goals. And yes I do know that when we played them in the cup, our supporters were behind both the goal and beyond the left hand touchline.

Now Dan, You don't know me and I was not trying to be clever. Your post implied that the away support was going to be behind the goals and not along the side of the pitch as it had been for the previous four or five games that Bolton had played at Wolves. The away supporters were only sited along the side of the pitch because Wolves were redeveloping their ground. Since that has finished away supporters have been back behind the goals. And yes I do know that when we played them in the cup, our supporters were behind both the goal and beyond the left hand touchline.

The teams with the large or naughty followings get the lower tier on the side of the pitch, simple as!

Guest bwfcdan
Your post implied that the away support was going to be behind the goals and not along the side of the pitch as it had been for the previous four or five games that Bolton had played at Wolves. The away supporters were only sited along the side of the pitch because Wolves were redeveloping their ground. Since that has finished away supporters have been back behind the goals.

It never implied that at all.. and that's not always the case, Villa sat in the lower tier only a few week back...

Guest bwfcdan
lets just hope we take a few anyway! Not really had the best following in the Midlands this year!

We took more to Birmingham than we usually do... never been that many go to Villa in a while... last time we took a decent following there was on the opening day of the season about 4 year back

biff...is harold still alive?

ex steward back in ding dongs days?

and derek ditchy?

fcuk me, it could be like friends reunited soon

I don't know Harold apart from reprobate in Bristol. If Derek is the one I think he is then yes he is No 1 Steward.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.