Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander!

Warby78

• Moderators
The joy of fans forums not existing then, is that we will never know!

Unless someone has been hoarding copies of fanzines from back in the 90's?

merely being present in the ground is enough for me to form an opinion

coyle got nowt but stick til the cup run

he was even abused through the gretna game until he won it with 2 late goals

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owen coyle was shite and far too lightweight.

there ive said it.

Yes Homer but those who have been singing his name for the past 2 seasons have seen the goal he got at Wembley to start the great fightback against Reading on You Tube and from that this great opinion of him as been formed.

• Site Supporter
Yes Homer but those who have been singing his name for the past 2 seasons have seen the goal he got at Wembley to start the great fightback against Reading on You Tube and from that this great opinion of him as been formed.

:D

Guest Frandsen08
According to Le Quoetidien du Foot in France, Marseille have asked for information regarding Bolton Wanderers striker Johan Elmander.

sacre bleu :o

• Site Supporter

difficult place really.. hes brought in by and old manager and tbh when we bought him i was a bit gobsmacked by the fee..

if him going released some funds.. is it worth cutting our loss now or seeing if he flourishes under new management

• Site Supporter
difficult place really.. hes brought in by and old manager and tbh when we bought him i was a bit gobsmacked by the fee..

if him going released some funds.. is it worth cutting our loss now or seeing if he flourishes under new management

new manager is shit or bust for him.

owen coyle was shite and far too lightweight.

there ive said it.

He was very lightweight, but he certainly wasn't shite - that's very, very harsh...

Excellent technique and he had a decent finish (although I remember a few shots with his right foot that my 10yr old nephew could hit harder)

He was never our best player, but had important contributions...hence his status with the support

I do agree regarding folk chanting his name - I remember the yoof at Stoke this season...not one of 'em would have seen him play

But then I've sung songs about John Byrom, Frankie Worthy etc from my old man's stories and I never saw them play...

edit: I did see Frankie play, but it was for Stockport in the 80's

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
He was very lightweight, but he certainly wasn't shite - that's very, very harsh...

Excellent technique and he had a decent finish (although I remember a few shots with his right foot that my 10yr old nephew could hit harder)

He was never our best player, but had important contributions...hence his status with the support

I do agree regarding folk chanting his name - I remember the yoof at Stoke this season...not one of 'em would have seen him play

But then I've sung songs about John Byrom, Frankie Worthy etc from my old man's stories and I never saw them play...

edit: I did see Frankie play, but it was for Stockport in the 80's

possibly, i was young and impressionable.

• Site Supporter
Homer, I am honestly starting to think you're just happy when you're swimming against the tide.

Just be happy, for a few days if nowt else.

i'm always happy.

never noticed the tide, to be honest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.