Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

• 2 weeks later...

miami you are a fucking legend!!!!!!

That was the last ever game that I went to with my Dad. Never, ever thought I'd see that goal again. Brought a tear to my eye

Couple of Stokies had tickets next to us in the Manny Road stand and they went berserk when Darby scored as it obvs meant that we then had a better chance than Port Vale of going up.......and we all know what happened in the next game

miami you are a fucking legend!!!!!!

That was the last ever game that I went to with my Dad. Never, ever thought I'd see that goal again. Brought a tear to my eye

Couple of Stokies had tickets next to us in the Manny Road stand and they went berserk when Darby scored as it obvs meant that we then had a better chance than Port Vale of going up.......and we all know what happened in the next game

Glad to help pal.

Came across that clip by chance, never usually watch Danny Baker.

Pleased it brought back some happy memories for you mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to find my first ever game on YouTube; a 2-0 loss at home to Villa courtesy of Dwight Yorke in our first season in the Prem. I remember nothing looking at the highlights.

The same channel also has our 2-2 draw at Spurs that season:-

And a 2-2 draw at Bradford in 1998 after relegation to name a few:-

6 mins 50, how big is the Embankment...bloody huge...

14 mins 40, beating the Cockney rent boys..

Superb seeing Embankment like that before the back was chopped off a couple of years later it must have held as many as the Kop anyone know what capacity it held at its peak? Must have been about 20.000 plus I'd have thought. Thankfully happy I was there to see it in all its pomp.

Managed to find my first ever game on YouTube; a 2-0 loss at home to Villa courtesy of Dwight Yorke in our first season in the Prem. I remember nothing looking at the highlights.

The same channel also has our 2-2 draw at Spurs that season:-

And a 2-2 draw at Bradford in 1998 after relegation to name a few:-

I was at that 2-2 at Spurs & the way i remember it (probably wrongly ) is that it was well into the season & that was our first point away from home. Whatever, i know that there were wild celebrations in our section when we came back from 2 down & that it was lively outside with the locals getting a bit sulky about it all.

• Moderators

I was at that 2-2 at Spurs & the way i remember it (probably wrongly ) is that it was well into the season & that was our first point away from home. Whatever, i know that there were wild celebrations in our section when we came back from 2 down & that it was lively outside with the locals getting a bit sulky about it all.

It was just before Christmas

Blake had just signed and scored his first goal for us about 6 years later :)

It was just before Christmas

Blake had just signed and scored his first goal for us about 6 years later :)

So was that our first away point of the season in December or have i made that up ?....it does explain another thing though.

We went on the Howcroft coach which usually had a mix of retired louts & heavy drinkers who all got on well, but for Spurs a group of 7/8 blokes turned up in fancy dress - presumably for xmas -who got pissed up & quite mouthy & irritating on the way down.

Anyway after the game it was very hostile outside but everyone made it back to the coaches safely.......except for one or two of these in fancy dress who got clumped & another 1 or 2 who got lost & possibly clumped. They were more subdued on the way back :) .

Superb seeing Embankment like that before the back was chopped off a couple of years later it must have held as many as the Kop anyone know what capacity it held at its peak? Must have been about 20.000 plus I'd have thought. Thankfully happy I was there to see it in all its pomp.

Here's another for you mate from the cup semi v Charlton at Villa Park.

Pretty sure I can see you and Isaac in the middle on the second row up.......

https://mobile.twitter.com/AwayDays_/status/798967631915065344