Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Joey Barton

Zico

I'm not really sure what the lad has done really wrong, shoved a cigar in some cocky youth player's face after they tried setting fire to him, got involved in a training ground incident that apparently happens everywhere and knocked fuck out of some gobby scouser giving him shit on a night out - we'd all fancy a go at that. Some people need to give their head a shake.

Fucking hell. I've sussed you like to do "contrary", but this takes the biscuit...

I'm a company director and have done a lot worse so whats your point?

I'm fairly sure your office isn't lined with "motivational" posters is it? You know "it's not about getting to the destination but the journey" or ?Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within the hearsay of little children tends toward the formation of character"...........ok maybe you've got the knee one.

• Members

A milkman can turn his business into a Ltd company if he wanted to and appoint him and his wife as the two directors.

I'm just saying anyone can be a company director. It doesn't mean shit.

• Moderators

Fucking hell. I've sussed you like to do "contrary", but this takes the biscuit...

I like to be contrary to people who appear slightly unstable or are trying a little bit too hard, yes. There's no point really highlighting the initial part of my post and when I go on to explain my reasoning. Maybe you didn't read that far.

Please list what the bloke has done that you find so objectionable.

• Site Supporter

A milkman can turn his business into a Ltd company if he wanted to and appoint him and his wife as the two directors.

I'm just saying anyone can be a company director. It doesn't mean shit.

you dont need 2 directors anymore.

not even sure you need a company secretary

• Members

you dont need 2 directors anymore.

not even sure you need a company secretary

Yep, you're quite right - things changed in 2008. Shows how out of touch I am with it all (considering I used to set them up :blink: ).

My point still stands though. Being a company director doesn't mean shit.

• Members

... and knocked fuck out of some gobby scouser giving him shit on a night out - we'd all fancy a go at that.

Fuck me. All joking and machismo aside, you think that just because someone's gobbing off, punching them 20 times in the head is okay?

As I've already said, I'd have him here as he's a cracking footballer, and hopefully his time inside has taught him a lesson, but to try and say "we'd all fancy a go of that" (with reference to twatting that scouser) and the beating he gave to Dabo is the sort of thing that "happens all the time" is worrying.

I like to be contrary to people who appear slightly unstable or are trying a little bit too hard, yes. There's no point really highlighting the initial part of my post and when I go on to explain my reasoning. Maybe you didn't read that far.

Please list what the bloke has done that you find so objectionable.

There's every point, if it happens to be the part I find most salient to my subsequent comment. Not that hard a concept, surely?

You did a very good job of starting a list in your "non-highlighted" bit. And put the tin hat on it by seemingly sanctioning/justifying the repugnant little twat's actions. Which, in my book, makes you a moron, or, more probably, a contrary Mary.

• Moderators

Fuck me. All joking and machismo aside, you think that just because someone's gobbing off, punching them 20 times in the head is okay?

On the incident in Liverpool city centre, it entirely depends on the context. Having lived there and been out in Liverpool enough, having seen scallies knock the fuck out of people for no reason, I can envisage a situation where they gobbed off to the wrong person. There are very few angels on the streets of Liverpool at 4am in the morning or whatever time it was.

It's not like he was in a big group of footballers who chased some young lad through the streets and then knocked fuck out of them like Bowyer and Woodgate.

On the incident in Thailand, didn't the scally kick him first? Or am I imagining things?

• Members

On the incident in Liverpool city centre, it entirely depends on the context. Having lived there and been out in Liverpool enough, having seen scallies knock the fuck out of people for no reason, I can envisage a situation where they gobbed off to the wrong person. There are very few angels on the streets of Liverpool at 4am in the morning or whatever time it was.

It's not like he was in a big group of footballers who chased some young lad through the streets and then knocked fuck out of them like Bowyer and Woodgate.

On the incident in Thailand, didn't the scally kick him first? Or am I imagining things?

Ah, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the lad who was twatted was an angel by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not a violent sort at all, but will happily admit that some people need a quick dig or two to put them in their place if the situation requires it. Having seen the CCTV footage of Barton though, he went way, way beyond what was necessary and the courts quite rightly came down heavily on him. I suppose he was more of a "man" than either Bowyer or Woodgate in that he was happy to go toe-to-toe alone with the lad. Doesn't make it right though that he continued to give him a pasting long after it was obvious he'd won the fight.

re the Thailand incident, yes I think you're right.

As said previously though, he seems to have kept his nose clean off the pitch since he was released. If he can learn to now keep his mouth shut (and ease off the Twitter rantings) some club have got a belting player.

Ah, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the lad who was twatted was an angel by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not a violent sort at all, but will happily admit that some people need a quick dig or two to put them in their place if the situation requires it. Having seen the CCTV footage of Barton though, he went way, way beyond what was necessary and the courts quite rightly came down heavily on him. I suppose he was more of a "man" than either Bowyer or Woodgate in that he was happy to go toe-to-toe alone with the lad. Doesn't make it right though that he continued to give him a pasting long after it was obvious he'd won the fight.

re the Thailand incident, yes I think you're right.

As said previously though, he seems to have kept his nose clean off the pitch since he was released. If he can learn to now keep his mouth shut (and ease off the Twitter rantings) some club have got a belting player.

He dropped Morten Gamst Pederson not long back :D

• Members

He dropped Morten Gamst Pederson not long back :D

Thanks for highlighting that I said OFF the pitch. :good:

I have little doubt that he'll continue to disciplinary issues ON the pitch. A leopard cannot completely change it's spots.

Anyway, I'd rather have a player sent off for a proper punch, rather than a girly slap like Jussi dished out last season.

I'll go back to what i said before, we've had a winger who spat at people off and on the pitch, slaps women and currently we have a full back who seemingly thinks he's Fernando Alonso - theres been no shouting from the rooftops about these two

Barton was a dick agreed, but I reckon off the pitch he has sorted himself out the last few years and he's paid his dues

The twitter stuff i find pretty entertaining

More entertaining than what Jack Wilsheres had for his brekkie anyway

• Site Supporter

I'll go back to what i said before, we've had a winger who spat at people off and on the pitch, slaps women and currently we have a full back who seemingly thinks he's Fernando Alonso - theres been no shouting from the rooftops about these two

Barton was a dick agreed, but I reckon off the pitch he has sorted himself out the last few years and he's paid his dues

The twitter stuff i find pretty entertaining

More entertaining than what Jack Wilsheres had for his brekkie anyway

this is true.

so, is joey a bit of an intellect on the side?

or is somebody writing it for him?

some of his posts do seem out of "alleged" character.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest bwfcdan

What a weird thing to say :nea:

Oh do shut up!

She was highlighting that Pedersen was a bloody tart! Which he is!

this is true.

so, is joey a bit of an intellect on the side?

or is somebody writing it for him?

some of his posts do seem out of "alleged" character.

"Thugs" aren't always thick, in the same way as pacifists aren't neccesarily intelligent.

Oh, & thank you, Daniel. :D

Edited by no balls

Oh do shut up!

She was highlighting that Pedersen was a bloody tart! Which he is!

So getting punched for no reason by a thug is embarrassing? should he have pretended it didn't hurt and let Barton get away with it, hitting him back doesn't solve anything and he'd just be lowering himself to the criminals level.

• Site Supporter

"Thugs" aren't always thick, in the same way as pacifists aren't neccesarily intelligent.

dont disagree, just look on here :ph34r:

still doesnt stop it from suprising me (barton quoting george orwell)

So getting punched for no reason by a thug is embarrassing? should he have pretended it didn't hurt and let Barton get away with it, hitting him back doesn't solve anything and he'd just be lowering himself to the criminals level.

Well he sure pretended it hurt. Pederson also says something as Barton passes by so probably deserved a crack.

Edited by oggybwfc

• Site Supporter

you missed an apostrophe off "criminals"

oh and a capital letter off "should"

and arguably, you should have used a question mark, rather than a comma after "get away with it"

then obviously started the next sentence with a capital letter

basically, your getting lazy.

btw, i know i did make a shit load of mistake up above, but i dont care about that kind of thing

this was the only interesting thing i could take from your post.

sorry, forgot to add a smiley, so as not to offend

:D

Edited by HomerJay

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.