Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parking At Tesco

Boxie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always park at Tesco in Horwich when I go to the football .... unless it's nice weather. Junior is only 5, so it's a bit of a long walk for her. I've never had a ticket, and was quite pleased when the new "3 hour parking" signs went up a few months ago.

Just been up, and someone has been round with some post-it notes, and changed the 3 hours to 1 1/2 hours.

I'll still be parking there, as they have very limited options as far as recoving any money from the fine/invoice that they issue.

I just thought that I would warn people, in case you get up there, and decide not to stay.

so because you are too tight to pay a fiver to park on scotts or summert, shoppers have to struggle to find spaces because of people like you too lazy to walk

typical

so because you are too tight to pay a fiver to park on scotts or summert, shoppers have to struggle to find spaces because of people like you too lazy to walk

typical

Tell you what, should the Tesco car-park ever be full on a match day I will give my space up .... but seeing as this has NEVER happened, I don't think I'll need to....Also, the space that I use is right at the far end, near the gates - not really prime shopper spots. The fact that I can easily park there at 3:50, leads me to believe that "shortage of spaces" for shoppers isn't much of an issue...

Tell you what, should the Tesco car-park ever be full on a match day I will give my space up .... but seeing as this has NEVER happened, I don't think I'll need to....Also, the space that I use is right at the far end, near the gates - not really prime shopper spots. The fact that I can easily park there at 3:50, leads me to believe that "shortage of spaces" for shoppers isn't much of an issue...

That's not the point, its a Tesco car park for Tesco shoppers, how many's on is irrelevant. :db:

Good luck to you but I do think NB summed it up for me.

If I was the store manager at Tesco I'd be charging a fiver and donating to charity. :thumbsup:

• Moderators

parked on Middlebrook for years, never a problem

parked on Tesco loads, never a problem

unless they do install some kind of number plate logging system, you'll be fine parking on Tesco

I did once get into a debate with them about serving football fans booze after games - I had been to the match, but that wasn't the point, they wouldn't serve me and a mate based on appearance, nothing more, as she served the old couple in front of us without question - the woman said "I can't prove you've been to the game, but you can't prove you haven't" and it went downhill from there for her

got my beer and left a smug bastard

That's not the point, its a Tesco car park for Tesco shoppers, how many's on is irrelevant. :db:

Good luck to you but I do think NB summed it up for me.

If I was the store manager at Tesco I'd be charging a fiver and donating to charity. :thumbsup:

I am a Tesco shopper, I shop pre-match ....

An hour and a half???

My Mrs can spend 3 or 4 hours in there doing a 'big shop' no problem at all!

Remember once she dropped me off at the match near the gates then parked up in a parent and child spot and went off to do her shopping.

She was still in there after the match when I met her, so we got our stuff and went to her car which had a ticket on it.

I felt sorry for the store manager who had both barrels and a big bag of C4 off her as she proceeded to make him almost eat her recipt for just over ?100 for the shopping she'd just done.

Summat along the lines of 'try it again sunshine.....................bollocks off.....................fuckwit............" Etc etc etc.

It's true though, they can't clamp you and it's nigh on impossible to enforce, they just prey on pesioners and stupids who shit themselves when they see a yellow ticket on their windscreen, panic, then pay up.

Mr Tesco says he pays the profits of the fines to cheridee but I reckon it's bollocks as I've never seen him handing an oversized cheque over to some organisation.....

If anyone can find good / free parking spaces at ANY football ground these days, I say good on them.

You very rarely get anything for free these days, and when you do, you get do-gooders saying your out of order, its not right etc..... ffs !!!

• Site Supporter

From the sounds of it, you don't need to ask. Just park there, and if the owner of the drive then can't park there, then tough shit on them.

But you could order a skip and have it dropped at the end of your drive. If the fooker wants his car back- pay for the skip to be collected

• Moderators

:thumbsup:

Im just pissed off they lock that gate now, the missus often drops me off there so it makes my life so much more difficult. Inconsiderate bastards.

aye, i've got my trainers covered in shite last few games as I have to walk through them bushes now, the twats

If anyone can find good / free parking spaces at ANY football ground these days, I say good on them.

You very rarely get anything for free these days, and when you do, you get do-gooders saying your out of order, its not right etc..... ffs !!!

yep, not quite sure on the moral high ground (if that's what it is) on this one - pay for parking when it's free and easy? don't add up to me

where do you park at goodison pablo?

my everton supporting pals park on the tesco down the way from tommy frosts....

where do you park at goodison pablo?

my everton supporting pals park on the tesco down the way from tommy frosts....

If we cant get 1 of the 'FREE' street spaces, then College car park, behind the Church and The Black Horse pub on county road (?6), easy to get away.

Every single street in Walton is now Permits only, wth maybe 1 FREE spot at the end of the odd street.

We did have a permit, untill my uncle moved....the cunt !!!