Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

We've just had a helpful boiler maintenance man from Eon pop around and manage to knock out the power to our lights and hot water. To be fair, it wasn't really his fault - he just unplugged the boiler and it went. I've tried resetting the mains but it's made no difference. Does anybody on here have somebody they know and would recommend? I'm scared of having to appear on Rogue Traders in a couple of months!

Kent, Kent, Kent.

You'll never get anywhere with that sort of namby pamby "it might not be his fault" talk.

Get them rung and tell them there was nothing wrong till he turned up...blah blah blah.....Do it!

Oh, and Traf :D

You're right - I'm weak. I've thought about it though. If I got a bloke around to service the telly, and when he unplugged it - the power cut out, I wouldn't be expecting him to pay to sort it out...

Or am I not watching enough Watchdog? Do I need to embrace the spirit of Anne Robinson?

You're right - I'm weak. I've thought about it though. If I got a bloke around to service the telly, and when he unplugged it - the power cut out, I wouldn't be expecting him to pay to sort it out...

Or am I not watching enough Watchdog? Do I need to embrace the spirit of Anne Robinson?

Kent,

If your car is in top condition and you lend it to me and I return it with a huge scrape down the side, will it be my responsibility or yours?

I told you I was sorry about that and it was a one-off.

You did promise not to mention it again, though.

It's worth mentioning though, as that sounds like an act that's been perfected by practice or is a God given talent.

Especially with CWP having a Smart Car too.

Edited by no balls

Kent,

If your car is in top condition and you lend it to me and I return it with a huge scrape down the side, will it be my responsibility or yours?

I understand what you're saying. But if I invited you around to fix my car stereo, and as you opened the door, the handle came off in your hands, would you feel like it was your responsibility to fix it?

Anyway - as luck would have it, a mate of a mate has been around for the past couple of hours looking into it. Whoever did the electrics in this house wants striking off. Half the downstairs lights are running off the same source as the sockets, and the socket the boiler was attached too was wired up wrong!