Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Indian Restaurant In Town...

It was. The story was that it got closed down for serving a meat that Lee Chung-Yong would approve of.

It did.I worked with a lad at the time whose parents came home one night chuffed to bits with the meal they'd just had.It was raided by the food police the next day and closed down for having dog in the fridge.

The one above the Bradshawgate entrance to the Arndale (Crompton Place? F*ck off...) was a chinese - I consulted older relatives, it was one of two in town, the other being on Bank Street.

It was later a tea room in the late 80s/early 90s, and popular with a bizarre mix of old dears and 'grebs' and 'ravers' regrouping over a pot of tea - the Bob Inn.

Good name, up there with 'Wok this Way' (Chinese - Ainsworth Lane?) and Kinky Afro (Afro haircuts near Trafford?)

I also think NB has been on photoshop - Stolen from Ivor has always been bottom end of Deansgate (and there's no budgie column in that Arndale picture) opposite the old Three, Simon One was in the Arndale tho'.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

...even Caio Napoli has gone to shit and the old Ziggis is ok but only OK

When it was Piccolina they had a good chef, and you could hob-nob with the likes of Per Frandsen :) Ended up in there Friday - was piss poor. There's nowhere in town now if you fancy getting a taxi in and getting over the limit - Cinnamon perhaps? Tiggis/Prosecco is and always has been shite...

• Moderators

This was a JJB Sports in my youth - one of the palaces of pre-pubescent wank in town, when, you'd 'save-up' to buy that Ivan Lendl tank top or that Slazenger golf shirt that was reduced to ?12 :)

adidas atp's and puma vilas came from there

but i thought it was gibsons at the time

Oh aye, the wig shop, which was a source of puzzlement - how did they keep going? Relocated to Great Moor Street briefly, next to the weights/punchbag shop iirc. I think they kept the name as well 'Dimples'. Must have been a labour of love :)

I don't like to split hairs, but i think it's known as a wig boutique :roll: