Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Croatia V Paddies

anewman

to say they dont want us to win so we dont want them to win is frankly childish. If you dont want them to win because you dont like them or for political reasons then fair enough, but Jesus, " they dont want us to win so ner ner we wont want you to win" how do you know they dont want you to win because you dont want them to win? thats the next stage on that argument- "well they started it" jesus, if you dont like Ireland and dont want them to win fuck all, say so, but lets not say its because they support who evers playing England, because it's a) not enirely true and b ) it's a fucking childish response.

i've personal reasons that i won't go into that makes me despise them with a passion. that ok ?

• Site Supporter

i've personal reasons that i won't go into that makes me despise them with a passion. that ok ?

thats absolutley fine, thats what I'm saying. its the perception that people are using" they dont like us so we dont like them" bollox.

perfectly understand a variety of other reasons, and to be honest, dont understand why the English/British media give em so much air time as if they were a home nation, but the they dont like us so we dont like them is a bit childish and lets be honest, not even the real reason most wouldn't want em to win.

• Site Supporter

They've got Jim Beglin commentating & Roy Kean out there too. It is a bit odd when you think about it.

it is, it used to be due to the fact that all were English league based (still are) and some even English born, but if you were to base it on league players now they'd have every country as a home nation as most Euro teams have a good selection of prem stars.

thats absolutley fine, thats what I'm saying. its the perception that people are using" they dont like us so we dont like them" bollox.

perfectly understand a variety of other reasons, and to be honest, dont understand why the English/British media give em so much air time as if they were a home nation, but the they dont like us so we dont like them is a bit childish and lets be honest, not even the real reason most wouldn't want em to win.

fucking bollocks that.

Back in the 70's 80's and even 90's all the english fans i knew would back the home nations in the major comps if they were not playing england, I remember cheering the scots on in Germany 74 and Argentina 78. However when it became fashionable for the Celtic nations to back anyone but England, I got the message. I worked in Dumfries in 2002 and it pissed me off to see them fuckers buying and wearing opposition shirts on the day every time England played.

I've seen it in Dublin bars when England play too.

So fuck em i say!

• Site Supporter

fucking bollocks that.

Back in the 70's 80's and even 90's all the english fans i knew would back the home nations in the major comps if they were not playing england, I remember cheering the scots on in Germany 74 and Argentina 78. However when it became fashionable for the Celtic nations to back anyone but England, I got the message. I worked in Dumfries in 2002 and it pissed me off to see them fuckers buying and wearing opposition shirts on the day every time England played.

So fuck em i say!

didn't say it didn't happen, said it was childish response, I have been in bars in Ireland when the opposite happened,and been in bars there when it happened just as you described, but, lets be honest, there is nowt wrong with wanting your neighbour to fail and not do as well as your own team, perfect example of rivalry, but, to say its just because "they dont want us to win" is bollox and childish, loads would have a genuine reason why they wouldn't want Ireland to win fuck all, but lets not pretend it's just because they dont like England is the point I am making.

fucking bollocks that.

So fuck em i say!

bang on mate.

How come there's loads of Oirish fans there, and we have allegedly only sold about 3k?

that's just on official tours.

in 98 v Argentina,we had an official following of 2,800.

in reality we had three quarters of the ground.

there'll be double the 3k at least tomorrow

didn't say it didn't happen, said it was childish response, I have been in bars in Ireland when the opposite happened,and been in bars there when it happened just as you described, but, lets be honest, there is nowt wrong with wanting your neighbour to fail and not do as well as your own team, perfect example of rivalry, but, to say its just because "they dont want us to win" is bollox and childish, loads would have a genuine reason why they wouldn't want Ireland to win fuck all, but lets not pretend it's just because they dont like England is the point I am making.

far as i'm concerned it is! anyway 2-1 Croatia, Given is shiite, most overrated keeper in the premier.

Edited by bgoefc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.