Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Croatia V Paddies

anewman

i read his autobiogpraphy and couldnt help doing so with a scouse accent in my mind....

Did he go into the ins and outs of his feral family? Were there details of when his brother had it off with Terry's mum?

to say they dont want us to win so we dont want them to win is frankly childish. If you dont want them to win because you dont like them or for political reasons then fair enough, but Jesus, " they dont want us to win so ner ner we wont want you to win" how do you know they dont want you to win because you dont want them to win? thats the next stage on that argument- "well they started it" jesus, if you dont like Ireland and dont want them to win fuck all, say so, but lets not say its because they support who evers playing England, because it's a) not enirely true and b ) it's a fucking childish response.

:good:

Did he go into the ins and outs of his feral family? Were there details of when his brother had it off with Terry's mum?

twas quite a decent book actually...

hes a complete fucking knob with massive anger management issues...which makes it good

was once a blue through and through,went all over the country with his dad watching them,now he despises them after some unbelievable acts of abuse!

Complete gash, why a uk broadcaster have gone overboard for them is anyones guess.

Going back to the ABE argument, why is it all these anti england twats support utd, liverpool or arse? if they followed their own irish teams perhaps that league wud be more than northern premier 1 or whatever.

• Site Supporter

Complete gash, why a uk broadcaster have gone overboard for them is anyones guess.

Going back to the ABE argument, why is it all these anti england twats support utd, liverpool or arse? if they followed their own irish teams perhaps that league wud be more than northern premier 1 or whatever.

you know what, you have a point there, some follow both but not many go to the games outside Dublin, and within Dublin a relevantly recent rise in hooligan elements in the different dublin support bases makes it safer stay home or go to the pub and watch Arsenal etc. plus the standard is shite so it's a vicious circle, but, had many an argument over there as a kid when people would say Bolton are shite etc and "we" are miles better etc, and "we" was a team from London or Liverpool or whatever. I would counter with, aye they may be, but they'd piss on Bohemians or Shamrock Rovers or whoever the local team was, but they never got what I was saying.

lot of towns, most infact, dont even have a football club in the Irish league so locals just follow who's on TV or whoever the latest Irish stars are playing for. ( Brady stapleton and Quinn are the reason a lot started to follow Arsenal in them days for example) but, outside Dublin most focus on GAA for the most part with a passing interest in football when its on the tv. Even in Dublin, local football would play second fiddle to the Dublin Gaelic football team

There's English folk support Rangers & Celtic too. That one I've never understood either.

On one of the Isle of Man trips, Shelbourne from Ireland -"we're the cream, we're supreme, we're the Shelbourne football team " -were in the competition.

They only brought about 15 supporters ,all on a trip together, but 14 of them didn't seem to drink or do anything, but the remaining one had a good go at drinking for all of them. In the end ,he dumped the other Irish & mainly latched on to the Bolton & Sunderland crowd.

• Members

Haven't read the while thread tbh, but happy that the Irish are already out before we've even started

I'll save you the time mate. Quick summation.

Fatolive reckons that paying back in kind and wanting Ireland to lose is childish. Celtic Salford Trotter agrees.

Almost everyone else is glad the false ginger bearded leprechaun halfwits are crying in their ale.

I'll save you the time mate. Quick summation.

Fatolive reckons that paying back in kind and wanting Ireland to lose is childish. Celtic Salford Trotter agrees.

Almost everyone else is glad the false ginger bearded leprechaun halfwits are crying in their ale.

Are you suggesting i change my name Bolty Bluenose? ;)

• Members

Are you suggesting i change my name Bolty Bluenose? ;)

:D Not at all my friend - just a little bit of bait to see if you'd nibble. The Trotter bit makes you at least 51% good in my eyes matey. Leave it as it is.

• Members

I go to Ireland quite a lot and all the Irish I've met support a Premiership team and all want England to do well too

I'm going to Ireland on Friday and my local pub has reduced beer and food prices for all England games

I quite like the bomb chuckers

A much better experience than I then. TBF however, you might be out in the sticks. My time was spent in Dublin (Baggot St area). Some pubs off limits to English folk.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.