Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Derby 0

Walkden26

A not very convincing but much needed 2-1 victory.

15,372 - but a better atmosphere than many are expecting at a no frills Reebok.

'The Rock' being unvieled to much fanfare pre kick off and Jason Kenny waving his gold medals around.

Oh and it will be Petrov from a free kick on 29 minutes, followed by an Afobe tap in on 82, following some good work by Chungy who up until that point, had been having a quiet game. Those goals will sandwich a strike of fantastic quality from a player who's name escapes me. Does Marco Gabbiadini still play for them? If he does, it will be him and then he will break Andrew's leg.

• Site Supporter

A not very convincing but much needed 2-1 victory.

15,372 - but a better atmosphere than many are expecting at a no frills Reebok.

'The Rock' being unvieled to much fanfare pre kick off and Jason Kenny waving his gold medals around.

Oh and it will be Petrov from a free kick on 29 minutes, followed by an Afobe tap in on 82, following some good work by Chungy who up until that point, had been having a quiet game. Those goals will sandwich a strike of fantastic quality from a player who's name escapes me. Does Marco Gabbiadini still play for them? If he does, it will be him and then he will break Andrew's leg.

Was sounded quite encouraging and realistic until the last sentence.

Was convinced I knew Coyles team, but the Ream for Mills decision has left me baffled. I said pre season pick the best fucking 2 at CB and up front and stick to them, hes gonna be chopping and changing though it seems ffs.

anyway, id go

------------------BOGDAN-------------------

MEARS--KNIGHT--MILLS--RICKETTS

CYL--ANDRES--MAVIES--PETROV

-------N'GOG*--SORDELL------------

*N'gog unlikely to be fit, so its Afobe.

Derby normally play 442 90% of the time but switch to a 433 at times.

--------------------FIELDING--------------------

BRAYFORD--BUXTON--KEOGH--ROBERTS

COUTTS---BRYSON---HENDRICK---JACOBS

-----------ROBINSON--WARD----------------

Derby are probably the most underrated side in the Championship. This will tell us a lot about how good we are. They can beat anyone, but at the same time when they run into the better sides in the league they can get thumped.

1-1 or 3-1

Bogdan

Ricketts. Mills knight alonso

Vela

Lee. Andrews. Petrov

Eagles

Sordell

Alonso and Ricketts dropping deep to get the ball off bogdan every goal kick. Vela offering to get the ball off the defence constantly. Eagles playing the free role. Sordell looked like he has the ability to lead the line. Get ball to his feet with lee and petrov running in behind the full backs and eagles driving through.

Bogdan

Ricketts. Mills knight alonso

Vela

Lee. Andrews. Petrov

Eagles

Sordell

Alonso and Ricketts dropping deep to get the ball off bogdan every goal kick. Vela offering to get the ball off the defence constantly. Eagles playing the free role. Sordell looked like he has the ability to lead the line. Get ball to his feet with lee and petrov running in behind the full backs and eagles driving through.

What the shitting hell

Hoping for a win purely because I can't hack 60 more coyle out faux outrage threads in the run up to the forest game!

I hear you brother. We're all pissed off, so why there is a need on here to have a competition as to who's the most apoplectic, I don't know.

I reckon it'll be 1-1.

Guest bwfcdan

3-1 to derby....................one of theirs scoring a 40 yard lob as an own goal,as none of ours could hit a cow's arse with a banjo

I remember when they beat us 3-1 about 10 year back in a relegation 6 pointer. Think Ricky G scored for us? Christ we were shite that day.

• Moderators

Bring in Mills for Ream. Drop Mears, Ricketts at right back and Alonso at left back.

it was all going so well

maybe it's irrational but beyond the fact he won't be a footballer while i have a hole in my arse, his fcuking about with his shorts tucked in his undies nonsense yesterday proper pissed me off

Guest bwfcdan

it was all going so well

maybe it's irrational but beyond the fact he won't be a footballer while i have a hole in my arse, his fcuking about with his shorts tucked in his undies nonsense yesterday proper pissed me off

Hmmmm, I dunno. Maybe this will his level, I hope so anyway.

BOGDAN

RICKETTS-----------------MILLS----------KNIGHT-----------------ALONSO

VELA

SOUTH KOREAN--------ANDREWS---------------------------DAVIES---------------------PETROV

STARVIN MARVIN

subs - take your pick,who gives a fuck.....if coyle had 11 maradonas,moore's,pele's,beckenbauers and messi to choose from he'd still pick fucking pratley and co

I remember when they beat us 3-1 about 10 year back in a relegation 6 pointer. Think Ricky G scored for us? Christ we were shite that day.

i remember that one very well,all doom and gloom after that game,but we blagged our way into a co-op travel awards at the reebok that evening by posing as derby's team. top blag,surrounded by 600 hungry hussies

Edited by miamiwhite

I remember that day, it was a painful one. I was absolutely convinced we were going down by the time they got their third. One was a penalty and everyone was stood up to watch it, I just stayed sat down with my head in my hands and waited for their end to start cheering.

Gardner's goal was brilliant as well I think, a half volley that the keeper got a hand to. But that was one of many games in those first couple of years back in the Premier League that I thought we'd definately had it. Leeds coming and chinning us a couple of times left a similar feeling.