Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

3 Years For Killing A Man?

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Not defending him but it could have happened to anyone of us.

I'd say over 50% of posters on here have punched someone on a night out and the bloke shows genuine remorse.

The court heard he told police after handing himself in later that day: "I have ruined my life and some family over one punch.

If he'd have knocked him to the ground and spent 10 minutes jumping on his head then yeah, put him away for 25 years. He didn't though.

Edited by barryk32

• Members

TBF, if the cheese on my chips wasn't properly melted and some do-gooder stepped in then I'd be a bit pissed off.

As Baz has said though how many people here have never punched anyone? I guess it boils down to pot luck. He showed genuine remorse and will live with the guilt for the rest of his life.

I doubt if I was a friend or relative of the deceased I'd be able to look at it that way though.

Saw a cracking brawl on the way to work this morning. 2 blokes, one ginger and a bit stocky and the other tall and dark haired.

Stopped their cars on the A6 dual carriage way at roundabout city, starts punching one another whilst we drive past.

Not sure if anyone died, but I reckon the angry ginger won.

Sentencing is not just about punishment or deterant but also about rehabilitating the offender.

Yes he's killed someone amd deserves prison but in fairness to him he his hands up and shown remorse knowing full well what he's done and the consqences his actions bring for so many people.

Whether he's locked up for a month or 10 years, that's him with a prison record which he'll carry forever, and a whole host of (deserved) problems it brings for the rest if his life.

Sometimes that in itself is enough to prevent him from doing something daft in future.

What it doesn't do though is send a strong enough message to Friday night warriors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ashire-19549082

pissed up bloke punches another man in the head and kills him.

punishment is 3 years inside.

have i missed something?

he is not a roofer really but actually a primary school teacher, thats why he got off so light, perk of the job #2751

Edited by birch-chorley

the cocky bastard who killed my nephew in bolton town centre in 2000 received just 48 months porridge. that bastard had a record as long as his arm and was on parole after being released for an armed blag and assaulting a police officer.

that cowardly wanker has never shown remorse after attacking my nephew from behind on bank st,whilst on his first date with his new girlfriend.

not bitter about it,but if that murdering wanker ever crosses my path,then he'd better run. he's better off hiding in hampshire,instead of trying to show his ugly mug round here every blue moon