Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mick Mccarthy

HoldensHairdo

I agree but I put these choices down to Gartside. One good appointment in BSA in his tenure and that was a fluke... Then he refused to back him, so I think the problem lies deeper than the manager.

I never buy into this diatribe against Gartside. We could do a hell of a lot worse, a hell of a lot. What do you imagine is going to happen? A new Chairman is going to have an almost identical pool of candidates from which to pick a Manager.

PG has done a sterling job as Chairman as far as I'm concerned. Could he have opened the purse strings for Allardyce? Possibly, but as Sam had been touting himselfot for the England job to anybody who might listen at the time, I'd say Gartside's decision not to endanger the long term future of the club a la Peter Risdale was a pretty shrewd one.

Mick Mc will be fine short term, defensively we will get tighter and become harder to beat again. We won't go down again and may even push for the PL again. Unfortunately our debt to E.D and his inability/lack of aspiration to fund us at a higher level will cost us dear. Until we can entice a 'marquee manager' by providing funding and ambition we are only ever going to tread water at best!

Owen needs to be replaced in the short term, however E.D & P.G seriously need to consider their position within the long term future of OUR club.

COYFWM lets get back where we belong, in a position where we can stay and compete.................

I never buy into this diatribe against Gartside. We could do a hell of a lot worse, a hell of a lot. What do you imagine is going to happen? A new Chairman is going to have an almost identical pool of candidates from which to pick a Manager.

PG has done a sterling job as Chairman as far as I'm concerned. Could he have opened the purse strings for Allardyce? Possibly, but as Sam had been touting himselfot for the England job to anybody who might listen at the time, I'd say Gartside's decision not to endanger the long term future of the club a la Peter Risdale was a pretty shrewd one.

Shrewd? Look what happened, how is that shrewd?

Gartside appointed Lee because it was the easy decision once he fucked up with BSA.

Megson was at League 1 Leicester and everyone was stunned we got him... Gartside's mate.

Coyle again was more a choice of the heart because of the Bolton connection, no proven experience.

Gartside always does his best to alienate himself from the fans, his latest retweet and the 'people who understand football' comment.

The guy is a twat

Ask a Leeds fan.

But your point is shite because he gave money to Megson less than 12 months later and we have been ok.... So it must have been there. Why not give it to Allardyce?

The club budgeted for 17th every season, so when we finished 8th, 6th etc there are extra millions there that should have gone straight in the transfer kitty but it didn't.

He spent less than Megson in his whole time in charge - how is that shrewd?

We were in Europe, on the up, attracting Anelka etc... We could have kicked on but he said No and look what happened.

Not my first choice big mick but I'll 100% back him if he is the man what worries me more than him is Terry Connor as no 2 but just hope coyle has been given the boot

Oh fuckin hell terry connor, got to be a distraction for players trying to work out whether he's crying or not other than listening to his instructions

Edited by bwfc87

But your point is shite because he gave money to Megson less than 12 months later and we have been ok.... So it must have been there. Why not give it to Allardyce?

The club budgeted for 17th every season, so when we finished 8th, 6th etc there are extra millions there that should have gone straight in the transfer kitty but it didn't.

We were in Europe, on the up, attracting Anelka etc... We could have kicked on but he said No and look what happened.

No, it wasn't. I'm not sure how many times we need to go through this. The Sky Contract was increased considerably.

UEFA earned the club 2 parts of fuck all

Oh I don't know. Maybe it was because it was 12 months later on and we were in a different financial situation? Maybe it was because GM wasn't trying to whore himself for another job. Or maybe it's because Phil Gartside is a cunt?

No, it wasn't. I'm not sure how many times we need to go through this. The Sky Contract was increased considerably.

UEFA earned the club 2 parts of fuck all

No he's on about Eddie not nipping out to his money tree enough for BSA the selfish bastard fancy not spunking your entire fortune on a club you rescued from nowhere