Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool Match Preview

seasider

Guest bwfcdan

Your average away attendance is about the same as ours and that's only because of your good turnout at Burnley. If our match with Burnley wasn't on Sky, ours would be better. Fact!

Not bad considering we have further to travel each match and a smaller size town. What's your excuse?

It's not but carry on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) What do you think of the appointment of Dougie Freedman? Happy so far. Could've been worse.

2) Appointing Dougie Freedman has indirectly made us lose Holloway. What do you think of Appleton as an appointment? I'd have been gutted.

3) Who is your main attacking threat? Eagles.

4) Do you fear any Blackpool players? Phillips and Ince.

5) How many Bolton fans will be coming? As many as will fit.

6) Do you treat this as a local derby? Personally no.

Blackpool fan in peace. If I may just ask a couple of questions to help with our match preview thread on www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

1) What do you think of the appointment of Dougie Freedman? The juries out, he'll be given his time though

2) Appointing Dougie Freedman has indirectly made us lose Holloway. What do you think of Appleton as an appointment? :rofl:

3) Who is your main attacking threat? I wouldn't be too concerned about that, we like to spread the goals about

4) Do you fear any Blackpool players? The only thing I fear is my Mother on the war path, so unless you've signed her up, we'll be okay ;)

5) How many Bolton fans will be coming? Not much of a fan if you don't already know

6) Do you treat this as a local derby? I am sure you all know that some Blackpool fans hate Bolton for an event that occurred a long time ago. Bolton are often referred to as 'The Murderers'. Does this have any significance on the fixture for Bolton fans or is it mainly one way with Blackpool hating Bolton. It's fairly local, so I guess so, though I don't give two shits about it being a rivalry thing, you're too tin pot!!

Thanks in advance. If you would like to join our forum for some banter, please feel free - we are quite away friendly although Bolton could be a challenge wink.png You'll need to give a link for the lazy, oh, & starting a thread on the game might also help

• Site Supporter

Blackpool fan in peace. If I may just ask a couple of questions to help with our match preview thread on www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

1) What do you think of the appointment of Dougie Freedman?

Had to be better than Owen Coyle turned out to be.

2) Appointing Dougie Freedman has indirectly made us lose Holloway. What do you think of Appleton as an appointment?

I always found Holloway to be a bit of a sound-bite freak. TV companies loved him, I thought he was a prick. Who is this Appleton bloke?

3) Who is your main attacking threat?

Good question. If the last few games have been anything to go by, you could well be winning at half time but once we bring Ngog on, you're finished.

4) Do you fear any Blackpool players?

Don't know. Name some for me and let's see if any ring a bell. I'm not taking the piss here, I really can't rhyme off any names of Blackpool players.

5) How many Bolton fans will be coming?

As many as you'll allow plus a few I would think. We sold out early because of the paltry amount you allow us.

6) Do you treat this as a local derby? I am sure you all know that some Blackpool fans hate Bolton for an event that occurred a long time ago. Bolton are often referred to as 'The Murderers'. Does this have any significance on the fixture for Bolton fans or is it mainly one way with Blackpool hating Bolton.

It really is time you put this to bed. As you say, it was a long time ago. There was a time we, as young fans, revelled in the infamousness (is that a word?) of it all but really, we've all grown up a bit since those days.

Thanks in advance. If you would like to join our forum for some banter, please feel free - we are quite away friendly although Bolton could be a challenge ;)

• Site Supporter

Currently we are about the same size but our away support is notoriously known to be better than the Nobbers.

Bet you any money we will take 5,000 to Bolton and Blackburn this season. Shame Preston are not in our division as we would take another 5,000 to their place which they wouldn't to us even if we had a stand big enough!

Yours is hardly great considering the biggest town in England!

You may well take 5000 to both venues but that's because we have a ground which can accommodate that amount of away fans. Your tinpot bouncy shed of an away stand won't allow that amount of away fans so your so called superior away numbers is a bit of a moot point. How many would you take to London on a Wednesday night? That's where you get to puff your chest out and declare yourself to be a better supported club.

You may well take 5000 to both venues but that's because we have a ground which can accommodate that amount of away fans. Your tinpot bouncy shed of an away stand won't allow that amount of away fans so your so called superior away numbers is a bit of a moot point. How many would you take to London on a Wednesday night? That's where you get to puff your chest out and declare yourself to be a better supported club.

Well we took more to Millwall than you did!

Where's my prize?

What's not to believe about it?

We are getting bigger gates than Blackburn at the moment. Doesn't mean we are a bigger club than them.

As in the size of clubs,you are not in our stratosphere mate.

Same league,similar away crowds (as you say) but us both being run of the mill Lancashire clubs??

Take a look at your ground and then have a look at ours.

Seasiders Bar and barcode turnstiles. Look on your official site...amazing ground.

You will be pissing in portaloos though until the North East corner gets built so have a shit before you set off.

Edited by seasider

Seasiders Bar and barcode turnstiles. Look on your official site...amazing ground.

You will be pissing in portaloos though until the North East corner gets built so have a shit before you set off.

Kinell, just decided to go and you drop this (no pun intended)!

Oh well, could be like a reminder of Burnden all those years ago.