Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stuff You Can't Do......that You Should Be Able To

Sweep

1) "Cutting In" when decorating, I'm fucking rubbish at it, I shake like a shitting dog and can't paint in a straight line - I can also add glossing to that as well, I'm shit at that as well.

2) Hang pictures up properly, all the walls in my house are solid brick and plaster, so I always have to get the drill out and end up making a right fucking mess. I'm going to have to to sticking pictures to the walls using "no more nails" I think

CWP = DIY Spaz

Any other things that folk on here struggle with?

A bloke here in the office has just admited to not being able to make an omlette?!?! -

Sorting my daughters hair out.

Missus, sister in law, mam etc quick brush, twist and a turn and she looks like a little princess.

I can spend half an hour and there's bits sticking out here there and everywhere and within 10 mins she favours bastard scarecrow.

See I'm not sure I would do that.

Whilst understanding yhe benefits, the thought of my nob in my mouth makes me feels bit sick.

dogs quite enjoy slavvering over themselves

I should know how to change a tyre

I got one yesterday. Apparently my breakdown cover doesn't allow for flat tyres (serves me right for taking it as a freebie with my insurance) so £78 lighter for getting someone to come out to it. Granted I didn't have any of the tools anyroad apart from a spare tyre, but the whole job took him 8 minutes from start to finish including paperwork!

I can't cut/saw owt in a straight line either, but I blame that on being left handed.

Im fucking terrible at DIY. I dont bother hardly if truth be known i know im that bad.

Missus put our flatpack furniture together when we bought our house in 2007. We got people in to paint every room before we moved in. Her dad hung mirrors. He comes round now still now and again and fixes things.

This year is first time ive attempted to do anything really - paint the back garden fence - id left it unpainted for 6 years and had enough of "we need to paint the back garden panels it looks awful" lines.

Downstairs loo has been bust for 3 years - well when you flush it water keeps coming out for minutes and minutes. Probably a two minute job fix it (her dad couldnt get the top thing off to do it when he tried) - cant be fked doing it myself. She'll wait forever if she waits for me to ring a plumber as well.

Also remember at school being forced to do woodwork as a GCSE, hated it, my coursework was 4 pieces of sanded down wood not even put together (cant remember what i was trying to do).