Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

23/10 7.30 Kingfisher Vs Clackervalve Phoenix

L/H White

I almost lost my job when I got injured last time.

Thing is though, if you get nobbled it'll either be an innocent accident/challenge or because someone 'does' you ... not to do with team selection or whether we're taking it seriously.  From what I've seen of this league so far there are no teams that play with a 'win at all costs' attitude.  They, on the whole, seem like a decent bunch.

When I play I play to win.  I can't/won't play any other way.  Losing pisses me off.  (You'd think I'd be used to it but the day I'll not be arsed if I win or lose is the day I'll stop playing).

Edited by DazBob

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

When I play I play to win. I can't/won't play any other way. Losing pisses me off. (You'd think I'd be used to it but the day I'll not be arsed if I win or lose is the day I'll stop playing).

This.

Don't like losing, can't laugh it off. It fucks me right off.

"When I play, I play to win", come off it, drop the Hollywood Movie bravado, nobody plays to fcuking lose. We all try to win & score.

It does have to do with team selection, as people will start going over-board trying to impress, as to not be the one dropped.

With that comes the bad tackles, the over the top stuff, then the other team reacts.

Im not having some equally shite "player" shout at me and tell me im playing shite, barking orders at me.....I get that form the wife.

"When I play, I play to win", come off it, drop the Hollywood Movie bravado, nobody plays to fcuking lose. We all try to win & score.

It does have to do with team selection, as people will start going over-board trying to impress, as to not be the one dropped.

Fucking hell Pabbers.  Now who's going over the top?

I don't think any of our lot are going to be launching into airborne two-footed tackles to ensure they're selected next week.

150 quid prize money tells me its a serious league.

Not saying it's not serious Baz, but I've played in leagues (Premier 5s about 10 years ago for example) where you were up against cunts week in, week out.  You'd have players chatting shit in your ear for the entire game trying to get a reaction out of you.  Players jumping in your face in a Keown vs Van Nistelrooy stylee when you miss a chance near the end.  Having to stand around the ref at the end of the game as the other team were going to kick fuck out of him after the game.

This league seems to be a million miles away from that, and it's all the better for it.  That's not to say all the teams in it aren't doing their utmost to win each game though.

Edited by DazBob

Players 1 to 5 are your best 5, you'll know who they are.

Then play the six periods as

--------

7 & 8 are your least good players and they only play together at the end of each half, when they're fresh and the opposition are tiring.

Twix that one............

This has got a bit heated. End of the day were a group of lads who like to play football. No-one like losing but I'd rather lose knowing it was a decent game and we put effort in than losing, because we can't be arsed.

Don't believe that any of our squad would carry a can't be arsed attitude towards games. I'm sure everyone, irrespective of where they sit in the ability rankings, is as eager as the next man to win!