Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If You Came Into Wealth Or Won The Lottery........

tomski

male-nurse-istock_620x350.jpg

i'd heard

About me posing as a Doctor? Who told you?

I spent enough time studying to be a quack, just because 'the man' wouldn't let me be practice bona-fide...

Oh, you mean I'd be trying to bum male nurses? Why's the picture of a doctor then?

He's fow too. :)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I'd buy a farm, keep busy

Can anyone translate LW's response? I'm intrigued.

Someon = summon I reckon

Genius

Said it before; I'd be off to the big sports events; Ashes this winter, various golf tournaments etc

Get a PT to make sure you're active and healthy

I'd not get bored not working as long as I had the money to entertain myself

male-nurse-istock_620x350.jpg

i'd heard

About me posing as a Doctor? Who told you?

I spent enough time studying to be a quack, just because 'the man' wouldn't let me be practice bona-fide...

Oh, you mean I'd be trying to bum male nurses? Why's the picture of a doctor then?

He's fow too. :)

I apolgise profusely

I thought he was an american nurse!

:thumbsup:

Someon = summon I reckon

Genius

Said it before; I'd be off to the big sports events; Ashes this winter, various golf tournaments etc

Get a PT to make sure you're active and healthy

I'd not get bored not working as long as I had the money to entertain myself

Think of some of the golf courses you could play as well

• Site Supporter

Seeing as I have two kids I couldn't just fuck off round the world but I would need something to occupy myself without being too hassled by it. Maybe buy a load of run down houses and do them up using good local tradesmen. Then spend the school holidays somewhere hot and pleasant with my family and friends when they can join us.

Be adios United Kingdom

Not for me. For all it's failings the UK is still home to me and I will be back as soon as I can

I've enjoyed my time living the life of leisure but come February I will be finding a job and getting back into a routine. It was nice while it lasted mind. I know the saying money doesn't buy happiness, but it fuckin helps to be able to do the things that make me happy without worrying where my next pint is coming from, but all good things must come to an end and I want back to work..... while I've still got a decent bit of cash behind me.

I think it's quite difficult to decide what he right amount of money required wowuld be to give up work. I would love to give up work, but I would get bored unless I could do all the things I wanted to. I think that if I won £1M, then I would be just about OK for giving up work and doing all the stuff that I want to and going to all the places that I want to see. I'd really need to be up at £2.5M though to know that I would be safe financially though

Winning a nice chunk of say £100K or £250K would be life changing in the fact that I could pay off the mortgage and probably do a more "relaxed" job, but I would still have to work.

"Seeing family right". Now that's a tough call. I'd obviously want the best for my mum as she approaches 70. But just giving all the kids, brother, etc, etc a handout - that would probably be foolish. You'd want them relatively comfortable, but I think investing money into their education, or creating a business that they could potentially work in or run would be a better option.

I think I would still work - but probably spend more time client liaising than doing the graft! Interspersed with a lot of travelling.

Quite fancy just crashing out in a Riad in Marrakech, drinking flavoured teas and having a crack at writing a book.

Winning a nice chunk of say £100K or £250K would be life changing in the fact that I could pay off the mortgage and probably do a more "relaxed" job, but I would still have to work.

Think I'd see an IFA about that.... maybe better to buy 1 or 2 properties with BTL mortgages and use the rent from them to pay your own mortgage... that way you end up mortgage free (payment wise), but have a portfolio of properties to give you further income once your own mortgage is paid off.

"Seeing family right". Now that's a tough call. I'd obviously want the best for my mum as she approaches 70. But just giving all the kids, brother, etc, etc a handout - that would probably be foolish. You'd want them relatively comfortable, but I think investing money into their education, or creating a business that they could potentially work in or run would be a better option.

I think I would still work - but probably spend more time client liaising than doing the graft! Interspersed with a lot of travelling.

Quite fancy just crashing out in a Riad in Marrakech, drinking flavoured teas and having a crack at writing a book.

Great idea