Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Space Dudes

superjohnmcginlay

But once fusion technology is sorted our great grandchildren will be swimming in so much by product helium fused from hydrogen that  helium settees will be all the rage and there will be air traffic cops stop folk from rising above certain heights above the ground. the redundant natural gas pipes will be used to pump it around the country and into your house.

ps save this post. I am the seer!

Edited by bgoefc

I was off work yesterday and found myself watching This Morning. Phil Schofield was interviewing 2 of the Mars 'hopefuls'. He pointed out that a recent study by M.I.T. says that based on current technology, if they made it to Mars, they would die of asphyxiation after 61 days. Even if they could find the means to survive, they wouldn't be able to procreate as their sexual organs would disintegrate because of the unrelenting barrage of radiation they'd be under. Testicles, ovaries and cosmic rays don't mix well. This led Phil to pose one of the greatest questions in the history of television when he asked them.......

'Aren't you afraid it will irradiated your nads?'

Having seen the calibre of the hopefuls with my own eyes and carrying out an in depth feasibility study, I'd give them a 0.0000632% of achieving the mission directive.

• Site Supporter

why dont they fcuk it all off as a massive waste of time and money

I heard on the telly earlier that the revenue from TV channels/advertising would cover the costs and then some.

It's basically the worlds longest snuff movie.

I say we send Ant and Dec.

Edited by Spider

"Andromeda? Fuck 'em. If the cunts want some, we'll fucking give it to 'em. Light years - fuck off!  I'll give you light years, you cunts. Milky Way boys, we are here..."

Carl Sagan in a never broadcast "Cosmos" outtake, 1980, somewhat the worse for wear in the Mojave desert. He later blamed it on eating the wrong cactus.

I worked out it would take us 83,000 years to get to the nearest possibly habitable planet, and then it probably won't be habitable (it's one off Tau Ceti)...I think my maths might be wrong but it's definitely not less.

Anyhow, the mission to Mars, why not recruit a crew composed entirely of paedohphiles, then if it goes tits up and the rocket disintegrates on launch we can all cheer and dance a merry jig? If it actually gets there, they can do a tiny bit to redeem themselves by carrying out experiments and stuff (proper scientific ones).

BBC Four - now 'Horizon - Are We Alone in The Universe?'

Probably been on before, like.

Oh aye, there's a total eclipse of the sun in 2026, nearest to us (geographically) probably in most of our lifetimes, the location is northern Spain - Basque Country and Cantabria, Asturias, Galicia...

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2026Aug12Tgoogle.html

There's a crap one next month - unless you're in The Faroe Islands or Svalbard (Norwegian Territory).

Edited by Youri McAnespie