Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Should I Stay Or Should I Go? . . .

BL2wanderer

This for me also. Everyone on here has bigged up for years they were here in dark days etc. Now it gets a bit dim and you are getting like rats on a sinking ship

Absolutely! When I first started supporting Bolton, it was during the Phil Neal era. People used to tell me about the big crowds we used to have when we were higher up the league. I remember thinking there was no way that many people would really turn their backs on the club because of our league position.

Appears I was wrong.

We never had big crowds apart from the late 70's promotion times, I recall a number of of sub 1500 ones for games and the Burnden Paddock was a big lonely place back then.

But we now have Sky tv and inter web etc so many many more interesting things to do on a Saturday than sit with moaning feckers, don't forget it's an entertainment industry and at the moment the show is shite.

If it was my doing then I'd blindly go week in week out but in my opinion my hard earned cash isn't being spent wisely by the so called directors and management.

Lancs Manx Cup games or whatever maybe had 1500 on.

1,507 on for Reevsie's hat trick against Rochdale in the Freight Rover or whatever it was then.

There's a handful of FRT/League Cup ties around the two and half mark and then the bommy night game. 

Sheppard doesn't list pre-season friendlies, but I remember the Lancs Manx Cup games being fairly well attended.

This for me also. Everyone on here has bigged up for years they were here in dark days etc. Now it gets a bit dim and you are getting like rats on a sinking ship

I think its more the spineless shit served up, back then the players weren't very good but gave it 100 percent

Bournemouth at home next week!?

Not a season ticket holder, been to every home game so far, BUT caught between, do I stay away in protest at what's going on OR support the club I've supported for the last 40 odd years?

Half of me says stand up and be counted OR  fcuk it till Dougie fooks off?

So sad to see the demise of our club  :(

Dougie v BWFC

Quote on GMR as saying he's an Apprentice Manager! why us though?

I did my own mini protest a few years back when we went to wolves and had a good day out but got well beat and i said to all the lads "i'm not coming again until that ginger twat is sacked"

The next home game i drove up to the ground, dropped my lads off and went home, it fucking killed me but my stubborness kicked in, at that point we went on a little run of picking up points but i didn't return until i got what i wanted, which i did a few weeks later. I felt so much better for it but i wouldn't do it again, it was like having a leg off

• Site Supporter

Feelings obviously running high at the moment, BUT I will be there on Saturday as always and my comments did stir some passion amongst you!

Onwards and upwards!

Apologies for the wine fuelled rant and to those of you I upset!

Fair play. Wish I could be there, gutted I've got to work instead

I think its more the spineless shit served up, back then the players weren't very good but gave it 100 percent

See I don't agree with that. From speaking to many of you old duffers there has always been players who couldn't give a shit

1,507 on for Reevsie's hat trick against Rochdale in the Freight Rover or whatever it was then.

There's a handful of FRT/League Cup ties around the two and half mark and then the bommy night game.

Sheppard doesn't list pre-season friendlies, but I remember the Lancs Manx Cup games being fairly well attended.

My god we were good that night :) which was the game winny knocked one in from 25 yards? Was it Wrexham in the freight rover? Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members

We never had big crowds apart from the late 70's promotion times, I recall a number of of sub 1500 ones for games and the Burnden Paddock was a big lonely place back then.

But we now have Sky tv and inter web etc so many many more interesting things to do on a Saturday than sit with moaning feckers, don't forget it's an entertainment industry and at the moment the show is shite.

If it was my doing then I'd blindly go week in week out but in my opinion my hard earned cash isn't being spent wisely by the so called directors and management.

Really? Never? Suggest that you revisit your facts pal. I could very easily point out at least two home attendances close to 40,000 in the early Seventies and other 30,000+ ones too.

We have never needed the moaners - they really are better off staying at home for every fuckers sake.

Really? Never? Suggest that you revisit your facts pal. I could very easily point out at least two home attendances close to 40,000 in the early Seventies and other 30,000+ ones too.

We have never needed the moaners - they really are better off staying at home for every fuckers sake.

And I'm sure we never went below 1500 and that was a rare occurrence.

• Members

What always amazes me is the failure to grasp that for there to be winners, there have to be losers.

It's a cyclic thing and I have no doubt our good times will return.  It's the bad times which make the good times so special.

Our history demands that we endure and we will. Of this I am completely confident.