Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton 0 Bolton 0

radcliffe white

Rang ticket office.

They sounded pissed off.

Probably having to answer the phone alot.

" nothing to do with us complain to Charlton "

Think it's time to ring the Bolton News

And no I am not AAwwwrriigghhhttt

see I don't get that charlton don't make the fixtures! To me easy way for Bwfc to shift blame surely we agreed to this? Instead of saying hold on what about our fans

The original fixture list had all clubs playing Saturday/Monday over Easter.

TV placed 2 matches on Good Friday (from Saturday), and are also televising 1 each on Saturday and Easter Monday.

This meant a few clubs were playing 3 days apart and most 2 days apart.

At the latest count 7 matches have been switched to Good Friday and 2 from Easter Monday to Tuesday.

Most clubs now have matches 3 days apart, but Bolton's are 4 days apart.

If Charlton requested the change (as seems likely) there are no footballing reason not to agree. But Charlton should have asked some weeks ago. And should be prepared to meet additional costs incurred in good faith.

What goes around comes around. When Bolton have a cup run combined with weather postponements they will expect a sympathetic approach from other clubs.

I had a Saturday Day ticket for me and my mate. I found out at lunchtime today, but there was nowt on the BWFC website, although it was on Charlton's.

It makes you wonder how much Bolton argued over this, they rolled over in a pathetic manner when Middlesbrough stitched the away supporters up earlier this season.

The people who will suffer as usual are the "proper" fans who had booked in advance, and will lose out financially over this cock up.

I emailed customer services at the club asking for consideration to be given for a refund of travel fees already paid out. I don't expect anything other than a fob off, and them telling us to take it up with Charlton.

This is a fucking disgrace, another example of football club's apathy towards their fans. The thing they probably do not realise is that the more cynical of us may have reached the stage were this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, and make a decision not to renew their season tickets.

Bastards. Going down Friday on pre booked train tickets, but only get into Euston @ 14.30....what a fucker this is. Mrs Elvis wouldn't

Be to happy doing a mad dash to Charlton..... Going to request free taxi from Euston to The ground, and free match tickets!

• Site Supporter

Bastards. Going down Friday on pre booked train tickets, but only get into Euston @ 14.30....what a fucker this is. Mrs Elvis wouldn't

Be to happy doing a mad dash to Charlton..... Going to request free taxi from Euston to The ground, and free match tickets!

at least you can go ..stop moaning

Changed ours, cost £10 for changing 4 tickets, but replacement tickets were £7 cheaper.

Going on the 8-35 friday morning, back 19-20.

Only difference being is it doing include tube.

how did you do this mate? I just rang and basically we payed £119 for 3 tickets they will give us just £49 back as it goes down as a cancel then we buy new ones it's mad

I have just received an email from Charlton Athletic. They say that anyone who can provide proof that they have had to pay out extra to change their travel arrangements will be provided with a free match ticket. They advise us to contact BWFC ticket office.

I have just received an email from Charlton Athletic. They say that anyone who can provide proof that they have had to pay out extra to change their travel arrangements will be provided with a free match ticket. They advise us to contact BWFC ticket office.

I'm not sure how this will work but ill phone the TO later.

how did you do this mate? I just rang and basically we payed £119 for 3 tickets they will give us just £49 back as it goes down as a cancel then we buy new ones it's mad

Rang virgin customer services and said I wanted to transfer them.  Cost £10 to do all 4 tickets, but no travel cards on the friday, so will have to pay for tube.   In effetc, we cancelled the saturday and rebooked.  Did you book seperate tickets there and back or were they travelcards ?  If seperate tickets, its £10 per ticket cancellation.

Have had to pay for the second lot of tickets and send the others back to them.  Once received, they will process the refund. (hopefully)

Was surprised how helpful they were.

Rang virgin customer services and said I wanted to transfer them.  Cost £10 to do all 4 tickets, but no travel cards on the friday, so will have to pay for tube.   In effetc, we cancelled the saturday and rebooked.  Did you book seperate tickets there and back or were they travelcards ?  If seperate tickets, its £10 per ticket cancellation.

Have had to pay for the second lot of tickets and send the others back to them.  Once received, they will process the refund. (hopefully)

Recommend you send the refund request Recorded Delivery, as they often don't seem to arrive otherwise

Rang virgin customer services and said I wanted to transfer them. Cost £10 to do all 4 tickets, but no travel cards on the friday, so will have to pay for tube. In effetc, we cancelled the saturday and rebooked. Did you book seperate tickets there and back or were they travelcards ? If seperate tickets, its £10 per ticket cancellation.

Have had to pay for the second lot of tickets and send the others back to them. Once received, they will process the refund. (hopefully)

yeah travel cards I booked,I will ring virgin instead if Trainline after and see

• Site Supporter

Just rang virgin and they say same as Trainline have to cancel and re book but you lose 50% of your money doing my head in this for a Monday!!!

Exactly what happened with me. Re-booked now and have to send tickets back.

Virgin thieves

Fair play to Charlton though if this true, re free tickets

Edited by Ratwhite

I telephoned Trainline, they were quite helpful, £10 administration fee for cancellation, then send your tickets back by recorded delivery (£1.70). When they receive your tickets they refund your bank with original details.

Then rebook your new tickets. I did this including the Day Cards on underground.

I've worked it out that we wont be out of pocket with the free match ticket, in fact a couple of quid up.

At least Charlton had the common decency to reply promptly explaining why they needed to change the fixture. Those wankers at our place have not had the decency to reply.

I telephoned Trainline, they were quite helpful, £10 administration fee for cancellation, then send your tickets back by recorded delivery (£1.70). When they receive your tickets they refund your bank with original details.

Then rebook your new tickets. I did this including the Day Cards on underground.

I've worked it out that we wont be out of pocket with the free match ticket, in fact a couple of quid up.

At least Charlton had the common decency to reply promptly explaining why they needed to change the fixture. Those wankers at our place have not had the decency to reply.

see I don't get this I paid £119 for 3 tickets they say cancel and refund £49 back so £70 down. Then re book at the moment £38(2 £19 singles as no travel card on Friday),and that's without underground pass.

What reasons did they give?

Did they explain why their's was the seventh match to switch, when their fixture backlog was greater than all others?

Nice one BWFCOLINH58……    Booked two new singles @ 19.00 each for me and Mrs Elvis. My existing 12.50 tickets were not re fundable or changeable,

so still a little in profit taking into consideration the free match tickets.  Now on 08.35 from Piccadilly…...