Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bogof At Starbucks

Traf

Bog off Starbucks,

I saw two branches on the same thoroughfare (different sides mind) on the continent t'ther week - I could easily launched a dogshit bag from the doorway of one to the window of the other given aa good wind direction...

It's McDonalds for folk who wouldn't dream of going in a McDonalds.

Now then, where's my oversized wholly jumpy and red doc martens?

• Site Supporter

I absolutely love your views on food and drink.

Just imagine if Starbucks start selling lobby!

As bad as the drinks are, the thing that really yanks my chain are the people who wander round with a Starbucks carton held aloft like some kind of trophy.

"Out of my way! I'm, like, you know, like, well important and need to get to my, like, essential meeting (at the next Starbucks down the street in all likelihood) and it's vital I do so whilst sipping hot cow sweat through a plastic lid"

Wankers.

I absolutely love your views on food and drink.

Just imagine if Starbucks start selling lobby!

There'd be a pile of sugar in it, for sure

• Members

Starbucks coffee is for queers and people with dramatically low self esteem issues.

Exactly.

Any coffee bought whilst 'out and about' should only ever be drunk in a greasy spoon cafe out of a random and chipped mug.

Starbucks coffee is for queers and people with dramatically low self esteem issues.

Do you want me to get you your usual skinny mocha latte and cinnamon bagel when I'm in there later on?

Edited by CWP

They don't sell burgers or chicken nuggets you know

Not enough margin, plus it probably takes quite a lot more training for a McDonalds worker compared to one of their 'Baristas' (ha!).

What got my goat about them this time? Well, probably the sheer greed of having two shops a stones throw apart on a pretty (if touristy) street) - coupled with the fact they present/trade behind some 'ethical' 'hippified' image.

"Out of my way! I'm, like, you know, like, well important and need to get to my, like, essential meeting (at the next Starbucks down the street in all likelihood) and it's vital I do so whilst sipping hot cow sweat through a plastic lid"

Edited by Youri McAnespie

No way would I ever pay that for a coffee, bloody ridiculous. When I did jury service a few months back it was £1.05p for a cuppa tea and I didn't pay that either, even with my £7 a day allowance. Anyone who pays £3 for a coffee out of a place like that Is a knob of the highest order.

At PizzaMe in Breightmet it's 60p for a large tea, now that's a bit better :)