Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brace Yourselves For A Shock, Brown Envelopes Involved In Qatar 2022!

Youri McAnespie

Guest Blixa

Up until now though there has only been appetite to uncover the corruption from us

Looks like the sponsors are starting to ask questions now

Still think fuck all will come of it

FIFA report, nothing to see, minor slap on wrist for someone, the gravy train moves on to its next stop. Sepp Blatter is untouchable.

WC 2022 will be in Australia, mark my words.

All the current "leaks" and concerted sponsor pressure are part of a FIFA smokescreen - complete with scapegoat - to get round the fact that they dropped a bollock by giving it to Qatar. Oh and the fact that Blatter wants another 5 years - the change of venue would be a convenient ruse to demand "continuity in difficult times".

WC 2022 will be in Australia, mark my words.

All the current "leaks" and concerted sponsor pressure are part of a FIFA smokescreen - complete with scapegoat - to get round the fact that they dropped a bollock by giving it to Qatar. Oh and the fact that Blatter wants another 5 years - the change of venue would be a convenient ruse to demand "continuity in difficult times".

Breathtaking cynicism & conspiracy theory, Satan.

I'll go for that then.    :glare:

• Moderators

only caught a bit of it but uefa alone wont oust him

he's got the asian vote and so fara s i know the africans still owe him

one potential outcome is a rival organisation that europe signs up to but you'd need south america too

dunno where they stand?

Guest JamesBond

Can't see anything coming of it. Doubt the American accountant reporting on Qatar bid has read the English press and suspect has been warned against doing so. UK Media has been after Blatter for years. Times needed to get French / German /American /Foreign press to print the allegations, but they're too interested in selling own newspaper. You can see why Blatter will ride the storm out. Sponsors are mostly English based so to some extent it won't bother Blatter. We really haven't much of a leg to stand on. To the rest of the World it appears sour grapes for the fact that England didn't get the World Cup. Scottish, Welsh and Irish FA's may follow behind England but that ain't enough to counter Blatter.

Even if England, Wales, Scotland and both Irish teams pull out of World Cup it won't be enough. You have got to get on the side of Platini and we don't really like him either = do we? We were even warned about our press being an obstacle to our World Cup bid. We will have to galvanise Europe for anything to happen and I just can't see Germany, France, Spain etc falling in with us. 

Something will have to go seriously wrong with this or the next tournament for Blatter not to be in power. The anti Blatter campaign by our press has gone on for too long. 

Guest JamesBond

UEFA should boycot and just do another Euros in 2022 if they can all agree.

That would be the best way to get FIFA to take action against Blatter and the corruption.

Most Europeans would prefer that to travelling to Qatar anyway I reckon.

We still have to convince UEFA that Blatter is wrong. It isn't platini defending English press it's our own FA. It means nothing unless Platini is convinced of arguments and is prepared to do something about it. If Platini backs Blatter then English FA screwed.

Guest JamesBond

didn't platini stand aside to allow blatter to be reappointed, unopposed?

uefa want blatter out, don't be under any illusions

They may want Blatter out, but they won't get it unless they back England. UEFA won't do that, until they do, we're pissing in the wind

His Twitter account is hilarious. Every time he posts anything he gets a load of abuse:

https://twitter.com/SeppBlatter/status/474670429949673472

@SeppBlatter — Racism has no place in sport...

@owenparker — there's no place for you in sport but we've been saddled with you since 1998.You are more damaging to football than doping.

https://twitter.com/SeppBlatter/status/475425808195284992

@SeppBlatter — Never ignoring media reports on ethics allegations in football. But let the Ethics Committee work!

@businessnutter — Looking through your bank statements will take months alone.

@gezmoyles — feck me that's like asking the Kray twins to play fair

Edited by COYW

• Moderators

They may want Blatter out, but they won't get it unless they back England. UEFA won't do that, until they do, we're pissing in the wind

uefa don't need england in order to unseat blatter

uefa want blatter out

england want blatter out

i dunno what you see as the problem

• Members

We still have to convince UEFA that Blatter is wrong. It isn't platini defending English press it's our own FA. It means nothing unless Platini is convinced of arguments and is prepared to do something about it. If Platini backs Blatter then English FA screwed.

The Dutch and the Germans have spoken out against him as well. The Dutch guy was pretty damming where as the Germans waited until Blatter had left the room before saying anything apparently