Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Itk Transfer Thread

Carlos

Guest bwfcdan

I've no doubt we'll sign Juke.

I'm not expecting much from next season though, especially from the standard of some of the signings. But, we'll see.

let's hope he doesn't mind not getting paid for a couple of months and go elsewhere then

Boro paying his wages he's not out of contract if he's on 15k a week that 120k plus were saving if we delay signing him for 2 months can't blame BWFC.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

Boro paying his wages he's not out of contract if he's on 15k a week that 120k plus were saving if we delay signing him for 2 months can't blame BWFC.

aye, forget he wasn't a freebie

we are going to have to sell someone though to get him I think

M Davies can go for me

Is he, on the face of it maybe, but and it’s a big but when was the last time he took a game by the scuff of the neck and dominated the opposition midfield, he’s got the talent but he does not do it for long enough or often enough

Blackburn, I think, which was our best performance last season

If we can some money, take it and reinvest in the hotel

• Moderators

88 league starts in 5 1/2 years.

And (according to reports) in demand.

And worth more than tuppence.

Not the one I would choose to go (If only we could get someone to spend £10m on Pratley), but needs must.

unfortuantely, thats the biggie for me

i love watchjing mark davies play

at his best he's a class apart from most of this league

but can he stay fit

all the evidence says not, so if we need funds, it has to be him

and lee

We have ended up where we are with Lee and Davies at the club.

Apparently on paper they are a class above anything in this league,yet with them at the club we have spent the past 3 seasons in a decline and not many clubs have come beating the door down for their signatures.

Get shut and If we can get some money for the pair of em ill be over the moon and we can carry on building a team for the championship,not a pair of lightweight,injury prone premiership failures.

Guest bwfcdan

If we need to get of Chungy and Davies to raise funds for the squad as a whole, I've no issue with that. As long as the replacements are at a level which can help us push for promotion. Do the likes of Feeney and Danns fit that bill? I don't think so personally.

I'm hoping Freedman can build a team that is more than the sum of its parts. There is a hope that he can take players less talented individually than Davies or Lee and actually improve us overall as a team. I don't think losing either or both is a guarantee we are going to struggle in fact could be the opposite. Mark Davies just has not done it consistently and Lee needs to move on for his sake and ours if we can get a few bob

If we need to get of Chungy and Davies to raise funds for the squad as a whole, I've no issue with that. As long as the replacements are at a level which can help us push for promotion. Do the likes of Feeney and Danns fit that bill? I don't think so personally.

I'm not particularly a fan of Neil Danns, irrespective of how many hands he might have, but he contributed more than Lee and/or Davies did last season.

I'm not particularly a fan of Neil Danns, irrespective of how many hands he might have, but he contributed more than Lee and/or Davies did last season.

He contributed more last season than lee and Davies have for the past 3 seasons put together.

Mind you Fat Frank has done that.

Edited by gonzo

Apparently on paper they are a class above anything in this league

Spot on Gonzo, the pair of them have done fuck all in the last two seasons, even though they are the "best players in the squad" and "head and shoulders" above most of the other players in this division.

If we can get decent cash for either of them, then I'm afraid they'll have to go.

unfortuantely, thats the biggie for me

i love watchjing mark davies play

at his best he's a class apart from most of this league

but can he stay fit

all the evidence says not, so if we need funds, it has to be him

and lee

Holy shit I agree with Frau Freedman on Terrace Talk

Nurse........

I think we should be able to sign Juke without letting LCY and Davies go, we have to give it one more season with the pair of them potentially they could help us do a Leicester now we have foot soldiers around them, never get rid if your best players unless it's too good to refuse and offer.

I would guess, and it is a guess, that it's not about how much we get for Chungy.....but more a case of getting him off the wage bill in order to allow us to bring a couple of players in, I might be way off the mark though

I think we should be able to sign Juke without letting LCY and Davies go, we have to give it one more season with the pair of them potentially they could help us do a Leicester now we have foot soldiers around them, never get rid if your best players unless it's too good to refuse and offer.

We're 8m down in parachute payments from last year. getting shut of Knight. Mears & Eagles has saved us what, £3m tops, so we're £5m worse off than last season, before additions.

We wont be spending transfer fees without re-couping them first.

We're 8m down in parachute payments from last year. getting shut of Knight. Mears & Eagles has saved us what, £3m tops, so we're £5m worse off than last season, before additions.

We wont be spending transfer fees without re-couping them first.

No Ngog and looking like Andrews, Craig Davies and sordell also most likely out of the door that's hopefully another 3 million plus off the wage bill. I don't think we need to sell first I don't think we're hard up for 1 million.

Spot on Gonzo, the pair of them have done fuck all in the last two seasons, even though they are the "best players in the squad" and "head and shoulders" above most of the other players in this division.

If we can get decent cash for either of them, then I'm afraid they'll have to go.

I agree. We've been without their quality performances for two years now. Time to move on.

• Site Supporter

Apparently on paper they are a class above anything in this league,yet with them at the club we have spent the past 3 seasons in a decline and not many clubs have come beating the door down for their signatures.

Get shut and If we can get some money for the pair of em ill be over the moon and we can carry on building a team for the championship,not a pair of lightweight,injury prone premiership failures.

It's a fair enough argument Gonzo, however if they can be kept fit I would expect a decent manager to be able to get them playing to somewhere near their true potential.

It's a fair enough argument Gonzo, however if they can be kept fit I would expect a decent manager to be able to get them playing to somewhere near their true potential.

It's oversimplified this for me. Lee has struggled since being injured. I don't think any manager can wave a magic wand and restore him to where he was.

Mark Davies hasn't been fit and has had several injuries. Again I don't think it's down to a manager as to why he has not been effective for the past two years.

• Site Supporter

It's oversimplified this for me. Lee has struggled since being injured. I don't think any manager can wave a magic wand and restore him to where he was.

Mark Davies hasn't been fit and has had several injuries. Again I don't think it's down to a manager as to why he has not been effective for the past two years.

I didn't say it was, what I'm saying is even when fit they have both been below their best for some time & I'm sure it's a confidence issue due to their respective problems. I would expect Dougie to get them firing again if they can stay fit as he did with Davies last season to be fair...he seemed to have got his hunger back towards the end of the season.