Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Itk Transfer Thread

Carlos

Guest JamesBond

I didn't say it was, what I'm saying is even when fit they have both been below their best for some time & I'm sure it's a confidence issue due to their respective problems. I would expect Dougie to get them firing again if they can stay fit as he did with Davies last season to be fair...he seemed to have got his hunger back towards the end of the season.

Could I throw a spanner in the works?

I think it is down to the manager that Chungy and Davies haven't been fit. When we say fit - I mean athletically fit. Not the fitness that the ginger wonder (Megson) and Coyle would have as fitness, i.e. run about. If Allardyce had been manager over the last three seasons, and the way he was with sports science (as opposed to coyle and Megson who weren't into sports science) do you not think that Davies would have been a much better player? As with Chungy, yes rehab takes a long time, but,  how much  would sports science (as it was under Allardyce) have improved the situation?

Thankfully Dougie is doing something about Davies this year, so hopefully we may finally get to see him at his best.

If we get good offers for the players concerned then of course we should sell. Remember though, we should be making profits on players and we bought chungy for £2.2 million. It's not the selling of players that I don't like it's underselling players.

I believe from what MarcIles has said in the paper that the club are near the maximum 'debt' allowed for Financial Fair Play, i.e. £7 million. The Juke would take us to More than £8 million, so someone has to go.

Andrews not agreeing the compensation package isn't helping. Obviously if we can get him, Sordell and Davies of the books we might be alright.

Edited by JamesBond

I think it is down to the manager that Chungy and Davies haven't been fit. When we say fit - I mean athletically fit. Not the fitness that the ginger wonder (Megson) and Coyle would have as fitness, i.e. run about. If Allardyce had been manager over the last three seasons, and the way he was with sports science (as opposed to coyle and Megson who weren't into sports science) do you not think that Davies would have been a much better player? As with Chungy, yes rehab takes a long time, but, how much would sports science (as it was under Allardyce) have improved the situation?

Thankfully Dougie is doing something about Davies this year, so hopefully we may finally get to see him at his best.

If we get good offers for the players concerned then of course we should sell. Remember though, we should be making profits on players and we bought chungy for £2.2 million. It's not the selling of players that I don't like it's underselling players.

I believe from what MarcIles has said in the paper that the club are near the maximum 'debt' allowed for Financial Fair Play, i.e. £7 million. The Juke would take us to More than £8 million, so someone has to go.

Andrews not agreeing the compensation package isn't helping. Obviously if we can get him, Sordell and Davies of the books we might be alright.

Maybe Eddie Davies could sponsor the bogs for 1 million then we would be fine

I think it is down to the manager that Chungy and Davies haven't been fit. When we say fit - I mean athletically fit. Not the fitness that the ginger wonder (Megson) and Coyle would have as fitness, i.e. run about. If Allardyce had been manager over the last three seasons, and the way he was with sports science (as opposed to coyle and Megson who weren't into sports science) do you not think that Davies would have been a much better player? As with Chungy, yes rehab takes a long time, but,  how much  would sports science (as it was under Allardyce) have improved the situation?

Aye, it's all Coyle and Megson's fault.

Bore off.

Really ?

In an ideal world, yes.

In the real world, I would guess that only around 15-20% of all players purchased around the league are later sold at a profit.

We can only sell for a price that someone is prepared to pay.

We won't need to get more than we paid for Chungy to make a profit in accounting and FFP terms. We basically wrote the accounting value of our whole squad down to next to nothing in the last financial year. This means that for the purpose of the accounts Chungy's current value is fuck all and therefore any money we do get for him is likely to be 'profit'.

We won't need to get more than we paid for Chungy to make a profit in accounting and FFP terms. We basically wrote the accounting value of our whole squad down to next to nothing in the last financial year. This means that for the purpose of the accounts Chungy's current value is fuck all and therefore any money we do get for him is likely to be 'profit'.

The writing down of players values was a great move by BWFC and flies in the face of many fans current opinion that PG and Eddie know nothing. Think I know who knows best for our club.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Guest Blixa

Davies had injury problems long before he came to us. Weve done well getting this many games out of him.

As for Chungy, his confidence has been shot since the leg break.

If we get a decent bid for either we should get the deals done sharpish.

Guest Blixa

After watching him last night, i think they were generous. How much did Villa sting us for then?

Anyway, boo to the club, chairman, owner and anyone from Bolton who doesn't throw all their spare money at the club. You are all a shower of bastards and to blame if the Juke doesn't come.

In addition, boo to Boro for not waiting for us to come in with a lower offer and boo to the Juke if he opts for financial security for himself and his family instead of waiting for our potential contract offer.

Edited by Blixa

After watching him last night, i think they were generous. How much did Villa sting us for then?

Anyway, boo to the club, chairman, owner and anyone from Bolton who doesn't throw all their spare money at the club. You are all a shower of bastards and to blame if the Juke doesn't come.

In addition, boo to Boro for not waiting for us to come in with a lower offer and boo to the Juke if he opts for financial security for himself and his family instead of waiting for our potential contract offer.

Isn't that what a lot of us fans do, Blixa ?

Guest Blixa

Isn't that what a lot of us fans do, Blixa ?

If all of Bolton throw their money at the club, someone is massaging those attendance figures and books.

Boo the accountants!

so Marvin hates the north west and hes off to Burnley, fuck me he's in for a shock

No better place to sell yourself than in the prem. He'll be hoping he can bag a few and someone like west ham will bid in January, the soft southern boggled eyed twat.