Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phill Brown

scallywell

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they would cost us in wages and likely want to bring their own people in, both behind the scenes and on the pitch if possible.

Anyone would cost us in wages. Not sure Steve Clarke would want his own people in. He didn't have that option at West Brom. He had to work within their system. They just appoint managers, the rest of the staff are already there.

A sentiment I generally agree with, but where you are wrong is how well JP is thought of within the club.

I suspect only because Eddie won't want to actually spend any money on a proper manager.

Couple of years back Gartside said at one of those forums that the club were questioning how little the academy had produced. I remember Phillips doing an interview saying he knew he was under pressure to improve the outputs.

Clear out some of the shit DF has signed we'd be able to afford a good manager. Start with that Garvan, Moxey 2 we don't need and no better than what we've got.

Yeah, it works like that. We just call them into the office and say "sorry mate, you're being cleared out. No longer paying your wages, just jog on".

Shame no one told Coyle or Dougie about that with the post-Prem big earners. Could have saved us a fortune and avoided FFP issues.

Yeah, it works like that. We just call them into the office and say "sorry mate, you're being cleared out. No longer paying your wages, just jog on".

Shame no one told Coyle or Dougie about that with the post-Prem big earners. Could have saved us a fortune and avoided FFP issues.

There both on loan, send them back ASAP.

I suspect only because Eddie won't want to actually spend any money on a proper manager.

Couple of years back Gartside said at one of those forums that the club were questioning how little the academy had produced. I remember Phillips doing an interview saying he knew he was under pressure to improve the outputs.

I'm sure money is always a consideration

The academy is certainly under pressure to provide players for the first team. Particularly given our finances! However, that doesn't mean his job is/was imminently in danger.

I don't want another Bolton "legend" to manage our club, rate we're going, they'd lose their legend status quicker than a majority of us have lost interest.

I'd push the boat out and get malky in or slade before he goes cardiff. In an ultimate ideal world, Tim Sherwood, but they'll never happen as we won't sack Douglas and they would never come to a club where there's no transfer kitty

I don't want another Bolton "legend" to manage our club, rate we're going, they'd lose their legend status quicker than a majority of us have lost interest.

I'd push the boat out and get malky in or slade before he goes cardiff. In an ultimate ideal world, Tim Sherwood, but they'll never happen as we won't sack Douglas and they would never come to a club where there's no transfer kitty

I agree we need to push the boat out for a proven top manager but Tim Sherwood? Really?

Brown, years as a player. More importantly, years as assistant. He knows how it works, he understands the internal structure. He also worked with our best manager in two generations, let alone played under the other one. The guy would jump at the chance, and no doubt more mature since Hull halfway line. That's the other thing, he's won promotion. He'd also crawl for the job, just like Allardyce, also from the lower leagues.

Spade did a great job of turning orient into a relegation threatened team into a team that just missed out on the play offs. I was taking the piss with Sherwood as I don't think we could attract him to the club if we wanted to.  never would we get di matteo as someone suggested earlier, but there is no harm in dreaming.

I believe we'd have to look lower leagues if we needed a new gaffer. Only a few I'd take who are available now. Clarke more than hughton. But would he come?? I don't think he is a realistic target

Edited by jagermoot

FFS the last thing we need is Sherwood.

We need experience.

Brian McDermott

Malky MacKay

Chris Hughton

Roberto Di Matteo

Alex McLeish

Tony Mowbray

Tony Pulis

Phil Brown

These managers have all promoted teams in the last 8(?) years from the championship and are all available for free, apart from PB, who after reading on here would crawl through three miles of broken glass and work for free just to coach our U8s.

Any of the above would do me, and I'm fully aware there is some shite there.

Edited by EyesRight

FFS the last thing we need is Sherwood.

We need experience.

Brian McDermott

Malky MacKay

Chris Hughton

Roberto Di Matteo

Alex McLeish

Tony Mowbray

Tony Pulis

Phil Brown

These managers have all promoted teams in the last 8(?) years from the championship and are all available for free, apart from PB, who after reading on here would crawl through three miles of broken glass and work for free just to coach our U8s.

Any of the above would do me, and I'm fully aware there is some shite there.

Sasa in