Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

39 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Big myth that about United fans 

It blooming isn't. 

I've worked all over the UK &, London especially, the Stretford fans everywhere. Not exiled Northerners either.

Just watch any vox-pop outside the ground & if they're not Irish they're Southerners.

20 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Matt Derbyshire off the bench for Bradford, blast from the past.

I had to do a double take when I heard he'd scored, thought he was well retired.  Quick check and he's 37, not played in UK for 7 years since Rotherham and his last club was North East United, whoever they are. 

Must be the usual "its who you know", presume he was at Blackburn at same time as Mark Hughes.

19 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Some very small allocations coming up 

Probably as many tickets for us at Wigan as about 8 other games combined.  If it had been like this in the 80s and 90s I wouldn't have a fraction of the memories I've got of following the team away in the lower divisions.  Very very rarely needed to buy a ticket never mind have them restricted to 1 per ST holder etc.

17 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Chuffed for Forest and my sanity all summer. Chuffed for Cooper as well, wouldn't have been kept on at many clubs and especially under that owner but for whatever reason he held his nerve.

Agreed.  Cooper has done a fantastic job not just this season but getting them up in the first place.  Top manager, when he leaves Forest eventually he'll have no trouble getting another decent job. 

Then again the same was true of Chris Wilder and a year or 2 later he looks like he's in last chance saloon after failing at Boro and Watford.

4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Steve Cooper will be next England manager imo

It all depends who's fashionable at the time.  At various times in last few years the "next England manager" has been Brendan Rogers, Stevie G, Graham Potter, Eddie Howe.  Cooper being Welsh possibly rules him out.  Can't say I care anyway, it only becomes relevant to me for about 2 weeks every 2 years when I either agree or disagree with their selections for a quarter or semi final. 

He's already managed the England U16s and U17s so knows the setup. Indeed, his England team won the U17s World Cup back in 2017.

Just a case of having a bit more success at club level I think.

Edited by jmjhb

29 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed.  Cooper has done a fantastic job not just this season but getting them up in the first place.  Top manager, when he leaves Forest eventually he'll have no trouble getting another decent job. 

Then again the same was true of Chris Wilder and a year or 2 later he looks like he's in last chance saloon after failing at Boro and Watford.

Was interesting hearing him interviewed on Sky afterwards (when Tony Adams had piped down) talking about how he thinks football is moving towards a new phase where possession isn't king anymore. Think they had about 18% yesterday!

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Was interesting hearing him interviewed on Sky afterwards (when Tony Adams had piped down) talking about how he thinks football is moving towards a new phase where possession isn't king anymore. Think they had about 18% yesterday!

I wonder what Swansea City's board are thinking right now

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It blooming isn't. 

I've worked all over the UK &, London especially, the Stretford fans everywhere. Not exiled Northerners either.

Just watch any vox-pop outside the ground & if they're not Irish they're Southerners.

Coaches from Plymouth, Exeter and Cornwall very home game all full of ST holders