Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

K O

RONNIE PHILLIPS

Not normally one to stand in the way of Blackpool bashing snowball but what's happened there is a little more than a few fans expecting champions league football.

To be honest it's fucking criminal.

I don't honestly know what id do if we were put in that position.

It's all one big money laundering exercise NB

£27 million has been loaned to their holding company (owned by Owen Oyston) over the past two seasons alone. Add that to over £30 million paid in wages to directors (the same company) over the past 4 seasons.

To go over old ground,this club posted profit of £9.4 million over the last tax year. Yet they don't have a training ground,have a pitch that's unplayable and went into the season with 5 professional players a weeks before the start of the season.

...and trust me all that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I look back to those dimwits singing Gartside out this season and think fuck me sideways ...you really haven't got a clue what a poorly run football club is till you witness what's going on here. It's baffling.

I take it the FA aren't interested. You'd think if they're asset stripping a business they should be allowed to step in. This is football though, I suppose.

Anyhow, I don't think I could support a club owned by a rapist but you're right, Gartside is far worserer :)

"This morning i have been down to Blackpool Central Police Station to report harassment against myself and my fiancé.

I have received a few phone calls over the last 3 months with various threats. I was not too bothered about them as I know the game and just got rid of that particular phone number.

I hadn't had anything up until Wednesday this week when a car containing 4/5 men followed me up my street and to my flat. When I turned and looked at them they drove off.

On Thursday night my fiancé was followed from getting off the bus by a similarly described car which frightened her.

I was going to report it then but I know it is nigh on impossible to do anything without proof or a registration plate so I left it and asked her to stop at her mothers for a few days.

In the early hours of this morning around 03:00, the buzzer rang on my second floor flat. I answered the phone to be greeted with the message "Leave the Oyston's alone or you're a dead man".

This is too much now so I have reported it and I am heading back to the station at 14:00 to hand in full statements.

This is low even by their standards. If you are reading this Mr Oyston, I will not stop in my attempt to clear my name against your ridiculous accusations and no amount of intimidation will work. you've shown your real hand now and it's pathetic!"

Just spat me bru all over the computer. 

Fucking made me laugh that

http://m.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/cash-rich-oystons-late-to-pay-club-bill-1-7181789

Blackpool FC was hit with a court summons over unpaid business rates owed on its crumbling training ground – just two days after posting profits of more than £9m.

The club had been due to appear in front of magistrates on Monday after Fylde Council took legal action over the debt after the club failed to pay business rates for the Squires Gate site.

They own it so are free to take the premier league spoils out

The season they came down they got to the play off final and the fuckers still moaned about investment

It's a chicken and egg situation here but the fans protesting has just got the owners backs up even more

There's minding the pennies and running a club into the ground and taking every single last penny out of the club and putting nothing back.

They don't even have any grass.

Not normally one to stand in the way of Blackpool bashing snowball but what's happened there is a little more than a few fans expecting champions league football.

To be honest it's fucking criminal.

I don't honestly know what id do if we were put in that position.

I know I was being a bit flippant, Oyston is a piece of work and seems to be going out of his way to be confrontational with the fans as well. Heard he insisted against police advice, walking right past the demonstration last home game and in through the main entrance. Think he will come a cropper soon. He really is taking the piss out of the fans

Don't know how we would react if we had someone like that but still happy its them and not us

• 2 weeks later...

I know I was being a bit flippant, Oyston is a piece of work and seems to be going out of his way to be confrontational with the fans as well. Heard he insisted against police advice, walking right past the demonstration last home game and in through the main entrance. Think he will come a cropper soon. He really is taking the piss out of the fans

Don't know how we would react if we had someone like that but still happy its them and not us

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030302/How-Blackpool-laughing-stock-sorry-story-Oyston-mess.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030302/How-Blackpool-laughing-stock-sorry-story-Oyston-mess.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490