Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Members
12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

2030 World Cup to be hosted by Spain, Portugal and Morocco. But with the opening 3 games held in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay to celebrate the tournament's centenary.

Fuck me what a ruined sport 😂

Salivating. Free accommodation in two of them with easy transport to all. Kin ace. Not bothering with 2026 now.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Salivating. Free accommodation in two of them with easy transport to all. Kin ace. Not bothering with 2026 now.

Oh I'm okay with the idea of an iberian world cup I think it could be fantastic (and very hot!) but the south America bit is just pure FIFA arsery.

Possibly going to scale back plans for 2026 as we'll actually. I basically can't be arsed with mega heat 😀

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Is that 6 guaranteed places taken then ?

8 minutes ago, jeep said:

Yes.

Only 42 places left for qualifiers.....

Haha forgot about that. To be fair you have to try very hard not to qualify from that South American competition so Argentina and Uruguay at least were virtually confirmed anyway.

And coming in mid summer 2025 just what the players need, a brand new 32 team Club World Cup in the USA woop woop 💥🎉🥳

• Members
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Oh I'm okay with the idea of an iberian world cup I think it could be fantastic (and very hot!) but the south America bit is just pure FIFA arsery.

Possibly going to scale back plans for 2026 as we'll actually. I basically can't be arsed with mega heat 😀

Can't argue with any of that mate. I like to be away from Perth in January and February for the same reason! Nice down in Albany at that time of year - getting closer to Antarctica!

Yes, FIFA arsery. What the corrupt bastards excel at. Bent as fuck but preach to the world what we should say, do and think. Fuck off FIFA, just fuck off. Hypocritical cunts.

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Can't argue with any of that mate. I like to be away from Perth in January and February for the same reason! Nice down in Albany at that time of year - getting closer to Antarctica!

Yes, FIFA arsery. What the corrupt bastards excel at. Bent as fuck but preach to the world what we should say, do and think. Fuck off FIFA, just fuck off. Hypocritical cunts.

Will be loads of players who play this season, straight into Euro 2024, couple of weeks off, straight into 24/25 season, straight into club world cup, couple of weeks off, straight into 25/26 season, then straight into 48 team world cup in 26. 

Just a television show now football though innit, fuck the players.

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Will be loads of players who play this season, straight into Euro 2024, couple of weeks off, straight into 24/25 season, straight into club world cup, couple of weeks off, straight into 25/26 season, then straight into 48 team world cup in 26. 

they're extremely well paid for it tho, heart bleeds for them :D

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, L/H White said:

they're extremely well paid for it tho, heart bleeds for them :D

Aye, no problem with them playing less games so long as it means they are paid less money 

Otherwise 

Find another job, couldn't give a fuck

On 04/10/2023 at 16:02, Marc505 said:

2030 World Cup to be hosted by Spain, Portugal and Morocco. But with the opening 3 games held in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay to celebrate the tournament's centenary.

Fuck me what a ruined sport 😂

At least Thogden can't do all games in a world Cup for YouTube likes. 

Every cloud 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Giving it to 3 continents in one swoop is just so Saudi Arabia get it in 2034

• Members
18 hours ago, Marc505 said:

All true but I wish I was one of them.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

The most obvious thing ever.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Looks absolutely nailed on. You can already see the $$ signs in Infantino's eyes.

Out of the blue FIFA announce an unprecedented move to host world cup across 3 continents 

Shortly after Saudi Arabia say they'd like to host it in 2034 

Shortly after that FIFA tell Australia if they're also interested they have just 25 days to submit a bid

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

All true but I wish I was one of them.

Oh me too. If it wasn't for the flat feet, horrendous bunions, dodgy knee, wrecked back and lazy arse attitude I could have made it! 

On the packed calendar discussion, I can't see any way the league cup goes on in its current guise much longer. Maybe thats where the proposed increased B team participation comes in as the only way to save it.

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Oh me too. If it wasn't for the flat feet, horrendous bunions, dodgy knee, wrecked back and lazy arse attitude I could have made it! 

Same here. I could have made it apart from a, then, slight build, an unfortunate ankle injury and an almost total lack of talent.