Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members
12 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

It's a thing in some sections of the MAGA  right in the States that the Superbowl was being fixed for The Chiefs to support Biden & The Democrats. 

It appears on this occasion that  your disdain for the niners has, for want of a better word, 'Trumped' your usual position as MAGA provocateur.

'MAGA provocateur' :D Has a certain ring to it but no, if I believe something to be deranged I will say so. Spider for instance.

I don't go for conspiracy theories in general, this one included. It's deep state stuff we need to worry about ;)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Russell Wilson to the Steelers for veteran minimum.

If it wasn't for his horrific time in Denver I'd be chuffed with this, hopefully he can find his old self but I'm not optimistic 

He's finished, mate. Fucking ruined us, he has.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

If it wasn't for his horrific time in Denver I'd be chuffed with this, hopefully he can find his old self but I'm not optimistic 

fucking hell, i thought is was back already

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

Your mob are still paying him about $38m for the season. So if he turns out to be shit he's cost less than Kenny Pickett for the season.

yeah, he's been an absolute bargain for us.

On 11/03/2024 at 14:21, frank_spencer said:

And then the Steelers trade for Fields.

56 minutes ago, Traf said:

Probably end up the other way around. Wilson is finished

Not a bad back up option TBF.

Pickett spat his dummy out at the competition so was fucked of to Philadelphia for a pittance then Fields came for even less of a pittance.

At most he's costing a 4th round draft pick next year.

Russel Wilson was more than fine last year, he was far from the problem in Denver. 

I think it's a very smart pickup especially for a cheap deal for the year, then Fields sit behind a similar style QB and Superbowl winner for a year to learn how to play the position properly. 

Steelers just continue to be a phenomenally run organisation with one of the league's best coaches. 

On 19/03/2024 at 09:43, meanderson93 said:

Russel Wilson was more than fine last year, he was far from the problem in Denver. 

I think it's a very smart pickup especially for a cheap deal for the year, then Fields sit behind a similar style QB and Superbowl winner for a year to learn how to play the position properly. 

Steelers just continue to be a phenomenally run organisation with one of the league's best coaches

The locals are getting restless though winning seasons is one thing but since Superbowl XLV and losing to the Packers the stillers have been dire in the playoffs winning just 3 games since then and none since 2016.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

1st round of the draft tonight any of the QBs actually going to be any cop?

Someone is going to get a steal with Penix Jr.

Think its going to be remembered for the WR coming through this year though.

Harrison Jr looks like a can't miss, Bowers a machine (I know he's a TE, but more in the Kelce/Kittle mode), Nabers may just be as good as Jefferson.

Worthy to the Dolphins is getting traction, would be superb, but surely they have other needs rather than adding the fastest player recored at the combine to Hill/Waddle/Archane/Mostert ?

As a Georgia fan I hope Bowers goes to a good team. Don't want his talents wasted somewhere like the Jets, Browns or Jags. Couple of teams like the Vikings who seem a decent QB away from challenging. The Bears would've been better getting a decent O-line to protect Fields rather than sending him to the Steelers for a pittance.

Steelers need someone in the O-line (possibly to protect Fields) so no headline grabbers expected.

I think that landing spot for Bowers is a shame for his personal production, he was getting mocked to the Jets a lot but I never really saw that as a legitimate consideration for us. 

The Penix pick... I like the player, but absolutely hate the pick, older prospect to sit behind a QB you've just tied down for 4 years. Had the pick of the best defensive player on their board, another elite receiver, talented O line and all would make sense for what is frankly a bad team. 

Bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I think that landing spot for Bowers is a shame for his personal production, he was getting mocked to the Jets a lot but I never really saw that as a legitimate consideration for us. 

The Penix pick... I like the player, but absolutely hate the pick, older prospect to sit behind a QB you've just tied down for 4 years. Had the pick of the best defensive player on their board, another elite receiver, talented O line and all would make sense for what is frankly a bad team. 

Bizarre. 

Cosins is tied to 2 years in reality.

I think its a great pick ..... if they believe Penix is the future.

The more questionable decision is Cousins, $100m for someone 35+ is great when you are 1 player short of challenging, but I'm not sure the Falcons are.