Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

Back to College Football, we are getting FSU Seminoles at Alabama Crimson Tide in the early hours of Sunday morning.

A match up and a half for week one! One not to be missed. Expecting some fireworks in that one.

Aye absolute cracking game for week 1. Noles are the team I've followed since I started watching college football and have been to watch them 3 times. Superb experience.

Watching Michigan vs Florida at moment as a warm up for the late game. Florida are dreadful offensively.

• Members

Michigan average 100k every game since 1975

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/904054735745024002

All to do with stadium size mate. Their stadium has a capacity of 109,901. I think the Aggies have big numbers too - capacity of 102,500 ish. The Badgers nearly always sell out but are limited to a tad over 80,000.

What would some of our football clubs give for attendances like that? 

If you have never been to a college game and get the opportunity, do not miss it. A full days entertainment including a fifth quarter at many places.

Edited by bolty58

All to do with stadium size mate. Their stadium has a capacity of 109,901. I think the Aggies have big numbers too - capacity of 102,500 ish. The Badgers nearly always sell out but are limited to a tad over 80,000.

What would some of our football clubs give for attendances like that?

If you have never been to a college game and get the opportunity, do not miss it. A full days entertainment including a fifth quarter at many places.

I've been to one. My mate lives in Minneapolis so I went to a Gophers v Badgers game (?). Think it was a local derby.

The weather spoiled it really, damp and miserable. Pretty much everyone was leathered mind.

• Members

I've been to one. My mate lives in Minneapolis so I went to a Gophers v Badgers game (?). Think it was a local derby.

The weather spoiled it really, damp and miserable. Pretty much everyone was leathered mind.

Been to Camp Randall 4 times and it has always been sunny and hot. Amazing day out - especially the fifth quarter.

As you say, everyone leathered from the pre-game tailgating!

Are you suggesting I pick a team that wins more than loses and has a reasonable chance of some success? Or in other words, be a glory hunter?

Nah denver will do ok this season but it'll be a dull low scoring watch.

Honestly it won't matter who you chose, watch a few games and there'll be something about a team that draws you in.

It's all a bit arbitrary picking a team ut it helps the enjoyment of watching the sport if you have an interest in the result.

Are you suggesting I pick a team that wins more than loses and has a reasonable chance of some success? Or in other words, be a glory hunter?

Nope. Not at al.

I'm suggesting you pick a team who are attractive to watch. Denver will win more than they lose as defensively they're very strong

Nope. Not at al.

I'm suggesting you pick a team who are attractive to watch. Denver will win more than they lose as defensively they're very strong

Ah, I get it. You are suggesting I pick the NFL's version of Ossie Ardiles' Tottenham with 3-4 home defeats. I'll stick with consistently predictable Everton, thanks.

Nah denver will do ok this season but it'll be a dull low scoring watch.

Honestly it won't matter who you chose, watch a few games and there'll be something about a team that draws you in.

It's all a bit arbitrary picking a team ut it helps the enjoyment of watching the sport if you have an interest in the result.

The thing is I did have a big interest in the game years ago. I loved it. I followed the Stealers. Went to a couple of Wembley games in the 90s and also took in a Miami vs Cleveland pre-season match over in Miami when on my hols. I just massively fell out of love with it all. Every year I say I'll give it a go but never get beyond the 2nd or 3rd week. I preferred the package C4 put together. Sky's live games take up too much of my time and are duller than a Leigh Vs Featherstone playoff decider. Edited by Underpants

The thing is I did have a big interest in the game years ago. I loved it. I followed the Stealers. Went to a couple of Wembley games in the 90s and also took in a Miami vs Cleveland pre-season match over in Miami when on my hols. I just massively fell out of love with it all. Every year I say I'll give it a go but never get beyond the 2nd or 3rd week. I preferred the package C4 put together. Sky's live games take up too much of my time and are duller than a Leigh Vs Featherstone playoff decider.

Give Redzone a bash then, unless the Steelers are playing its what i watch and it's really enjoyable especially if the sky game is a snore fest.

plus the added bonus of no ad breaks