Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tour De France

maaarsh

It's been a fantastic tour so far. It looked like it was going to be a dull parade with Sky controlling and neutralising everything but it's been far from it. I was no Froome fan but by God he has upped his game. He stll looks like a giraffe on a bike but he's worked hard on his weaknesses.

I'm going for Steve Cummings for today's stage. Possible Valverde.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Site Supporter

A GB one-two looking good.

Quintana is yet to threaten but this Sunday's stage is an absolute fucking monster. Nearest thing to torture you can get on two wheels.

It'll be the stage that decides the winner I reckon

• Moderators

It won't be a gb 1 2

In fact unless frome was saving something in the giro, Porte is a much better bet

I'd say there's pushing 5 riders with a big shout and Thomas isn't one of em

Kicking Sagan out is a big call but that crash was horrible

Fwiw, I'm almost as keen to see how Yates does as the GC winner

• Site Supporter

Only 3 mountain stages this year so Quintana will be an outsider in my book.

Thought Sagan was harshly treated today and will miss shouting at the TV during a Cav sprint finish.

I thought it was like a professional foul. Knew what he was doing but tried to make it look innocuous. Must have hurt too.

I thought it was like a professional foul. Knew what he was doing but tried to make it look innocuous. Must have hurt too.

Not seen any of the racing other than incident but on a quick glance tempted to agree.

As an aside my 21yr old nephew Chris Lawless won silver in the National Road Championships couple of weeks ago, looking forward to maybe seeing him on the Tour in the future.

• Site Supporter

Not seen any of the racing other than incident but on a quick glance tempted to agree.

As an aside my 21yr old nephew Chris Lawless won silver in the National Road Championships couple of weeks ago, looking forward to maybe seeing him on the Tour in the future.

Top effort that. Is/was he a member of a local club in his earlier days?

• Site Supporter

Started off with Wigan Wheelers after we'd taken him and my son to the velodrome for a taster one sunday morning.

Good stuff.

As a 14 year old I was in the junior section of a club in Horwich. Can't remember the name, but a few of us led by an old chap who'd dropped down from the seniors to help. Would still leave us for dead if he wanted. Only trouble was I'd have to ride ten miles to the crown just to start. I'd be absolutely shagged by the end of the day.

Still good though.