Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just now, gonzo said:

He wasnt. He was an absolute shyster and after flipping a club in distress and making himself as much as he could.

In the end he stopped paying bills and covering losses as the ship began to sink.

Think people forget the two seasons where the bills were getting paid and we had to beg steal and borrow to survive whilesaddled with HMRC bills and wonga loans.

All falls in to paragraph 1 for me pal. 

I genuinely doubt he put a penny in. He stopped paying bills when he mortgaged everything off. 

He’d of sunk us if he could and split/sold the stadium (he’s an asset stripper in his previous life) sadly have first hand experience of.

Luckily couldn’t get his Mits on what ended up being the cash cow.

He was no worse than any of the others circling at the time and that’s the sad thing. Even our own trust had folk in it that were wronguns and ready to take it on with I suspect questionable motives 

41 minutes ago, tomski said:

All falls in to paragraph 1 for me pal. 

I genuinely doubt he put a penny in. He stopped paying bills when he mortgaged everything off. 

He’d of sunk us if he could and split/sold the stadium (he’s an asset stripper in his previous life) sadly have first hand experience of.

Luckily couldn’t get his Mits on what ended up being the cash cow.

All true but theres a difference between a shyster jumping in and holding a buisness to make some quick cash off a sale and creditors to a bloke stealing £9.5 million of tranfer fees as was first insinuated.

....nobody uses their own money to buy or finance football clubs btw :)

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

All true but theres a difference between a shyster jumping in and holding a buisness to make some quick cash off a sale and creditors to a bloke stealing £9.5 million of tranfer fees as was first insinuated.

Eddie did.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Did he?

How much?

He wrote off loans of £175M, then gave us £5M to prevent us going bust a few days before he died. So upwards of £180M. I doubt his family and business associates encouraged him to do any of that.

Edited by Cheese

44 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He wrote off loans of £175M, then gave us £5M to prevent us going bust a few days before he died. So upwards of £180M. I doubt his family and business associates encouraged him to do any of that.

I think you need to re do your GSCE business studies :)

Edited by gonzo

54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He was a big philanthropist. Not just putting his money into us, but donating to lots of other causes.

I think you're suggesting he may have used his company's money, which even if true, was ultimately his financial legacy.

Im suggesting theres a lot more to this utopian view that football club owners have to fund everything with their own cash. Which on the most part do they balls.

Owners like Eddie Davies are one in a million. 

Like I say some folk need to have look at how big operations are actually financed.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im suggesting theres a lot more to this utopian view that football club owners have to fund everything with their own cash. Which on the most part do they balls.

Owners like Eddie Davies are one in a million. 

Like I say some folk need to have look at how big operations are actually financed.

I think we're all aware that many a club is owned by other companies. 

In fairness, the rennet renegade was just responding to your claim that no owners put their own money in.

I don't know for sure, but did Walker and peg leg not put their own dosh in too?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think you need to re do your GSCE business studies :)

There was no such thing when I did GCSE's. All I know is, we wouldn't have seen European football and the incredible players we had 20 years ago if it wasn't for Eddie Davies splurging his fortune on us. And he definitely put in a LOT more than he got out.

One in a million is more than nobody.

53 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I’d love to know the real number. We’ll probably never know.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness, the rennet renegade was just responding to your claim that no owners put their own money in.

I don't know for sure, but did Walker and peg leg not put their own dosh in too?

Correct.

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Blackburn have loaned their captain to Ipswich

how strange 

Very odd.

26. 200 league games. Loaned to a club in the same division.

Tommason says "

"He wanted to play the number 6 position, at the moment we have Tronstad playing very well in that position.

"He's one of the more expensive boys in our group, so it will free some space up in the financial department to get some players in as well."

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Very odd.

Tommason says "

"He wanted to play the number 6 position, at the moment we have Tronstad playing very well in that position.

"He's one of the more expensive boys in our group, so it will free some space up in the financial department to get some players in as well."

Money.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Very odd.

Tommason says "

In other words he's not interested in playing in a relegation battle.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

For sure.

I’m not buying he put the Madine money all back in. 

As for he’d get found out and would be prosecuted, I think Boris is showing that theory while genuine, sadly is bollocks.

59 minutes ago, Cheese said:

There was no such thing when I did GCSE's. All I know is, we wouldn't have seen European football and the incredible players we had 20 years ago if it wasn't for Eddie Davies splurging his fortune on us. And he definitely put in a LOT more than he got out.

One in a million is more than nobody.

Indeed. Im not doubting the mans intentions whatsoever. He should have a statue outside the ground.

However I dont personally think he spent £180m of his own personal fortune on Bolton Wanderers and how that figure came to frution has rather a few holes in it.

But anyway, the folk that he trusted to spend his money wisely were the problem.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Indeed. Im not doubting the mans intentions whatsoever. He should have a statue outside the ground.

However I dont personally think he spent £180m of his own personal fortune on Bolton Wanderers and how that figure came to frution has rather a few holes in it.

But anyway, the folk that he trusted to spend his money wisely were the problem.

100% bang on.