Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Racist Fat C*nts

Youri McAnespie

Well we're pretty much in agreement then.

That last point isn't my wish or view, and i'm not sure how folk get that from my posts to be honest. (not you, btw)

I'd say it's where you say that jokes about niggers aren't racist.

I'd say it's where you say that jokes about niggers aren't racist.

Jeesh . . . they aren't, necessarily.  They could be, mind but it all depends on intent, context etc.  We'll have to agree to disagree.

Are black rappers racist?  Ani, would think so as would lots of others by the sounds of it!  'Oh that's OK because they're black' . . . this is where I have an issue but I've outlined this elsewhere.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Zico.  Yes or no?

Edited by madthatter

I think if your using language with racial overtones it's more than likely probably racist yes.

If you can't see the difference between a white comedian taking the piss out of niggers and pakis and a rappers lyrics then it's probably time to give up.

I think if your using language with racial overtones it's more than likely probably racist yes.

If you can't see the difference between a white comedian taking the piss out of niggers and pakis and a rappers lyrics then it's probably time to give up.

I disagree.  I'd say it's using overtly racial language that is offensive.

Semantics, but an important distinction, in my mind.

You're comparing the latter, I'm not.

I ask as folk say using the word nigger is racist - the fact that there is a difference dependent on race suggests that isn't the case.  It kind of backs up my point and it's madness that that is an accepted norm.

Still, many blacks do not use or like the term and would certainly discourage their children from using it.  Quite right too.

I'd let my lad crack on though, the little blonde haired blue eyed Nazi that he will surely be, needs to get it right from the off ;) 

I disagree. I'd say it's using overtly racial language that is offensive.

Semantics, but an important distinction, in my mind.

You're comparing the latter, I'm not.

I ask as folk say using the word nigger is racist - the fact that there is a difference dependent on race suggests that isn't the case. It kind of backs up my point and it's madness that that is an accepted norm.

Still, many blacks do not use or like the term and would certainly discourage their children from using it. Quite right too.

I'd let my lad crack on though, the little blonde haired blue eyed Nazi that he will surely be, needs to get it right from the off ;)

I think you're over analysing the whole thing to the extent where you've actually gone insane.

Like one big horrible spiral of what's right and wrong. What's racist and isn't.

Racist jokes are racist.

Black blokes using nigger in a rap song imo isn't.

Referring to a black man as a monkey is racist.

Referring to Peter Reid as a monkey isn't.

Done.

This is a football site, mainly used by white middle-aged working class northern blokes. If you are having being a racist levelled at you, you really are in trouble morally.

:D You don't know me or have a clue about my life bar a few things on here . . .

The fact you're implying I'm racist is not only funny but would be seen as hilarious by many of my mates.

Just because I use logic to think about issues rather than emotion implies i'm racist . . . jog on

There are many noted intellects who share the same ideas - i've mentioned at least a couple on here recently

I think you're over analysing the whole thing to the extent where you've actually gone insane.

Like one big horrible spiral of what's right and wrong. What's racist and isn't.

Racist jokes are racist.

Black blokes using nigger in a rap song imo isn't.

Referring to a black man as a monkey is racist.

Referring to Peter Reid as a monkey isn't.

Done.

Boom . .  the sound of mind closing

:D You don't know me or have a clue about my life bar a few things on here . . .

The fact you're implying I'm racist is not only funny but would be seen as hilarious by many of my mates.

Just because I use logic to think about issues rather than emotion implies i'm racist . . . jog on

There are many noted intellects who share the same ideas - i've mentioned at least a couple on here recently

I don't think anyone has said you are racist.

• Members

you seem to think anyone who thinks it's offensive is outraged or taking the moral high ground  NOPE, ONLY YOU.

I'd say we're neither RIGHTO.

it's just bizarre/baffling that it has to be spelled out, that chubby brown's act is racist - it would've been racist in the 60s., it was racist in the 80s, it's racist now IF IT BRINGS YOU ANY COMFORT, I DIDN'T LIKE CHUBBY THEN OR NOW. BERNARD, IN HIS TIME,  ON THE OTHER HAND WAS ONE FUNNY MAN IMO.

clearly some folks definition / threshold is higher than others, and it'd take a KKK lynching rather than a joke about big lips, eating bats and calling them niggers to go "ok, yeah, that's racist" OVER EXAGGERATED CLAPTRAP

it's not racism in terms of discrimination, i.e. apartheid, but think about the context, it's a bloke making his audience think it's ok to laugh at the thoughts the house next door stinks because pakis have moved in I HAPPEN TO LIKE ASIAN FOOD BUT I HAVE NO DOUBT SOME THINK IT STINKS. PERSONAL OPINION I SUPPOSE. ARE THEY NOT ALLOWED TO THINK IT STINKS EVEN IF YOU AND I DON'T MIND IT?

that's a far cry from use of the word "black" AND ALSO MAGENTA.

Edited by bolty58

• Members

This is a football site, mainly used by white middle-aged working class northern blokes. If you are having being a racist levelled at you, you really are in trouble morally.

FFS Carlos. Really? You and others use the word like confetti. Scatter it here, there and everywhere.

Over time it loses it's impact if you over do it - like most things. I doubt whether we have any true racists in this forum. I'll accept other labels mind if you want to start bandying those around.

I probably laughed as a teen but remember wincing at the racial jokes back then.

I wince because I see they offend people - who'd want to do that?

Manning, to give him his due, was pretty quick (mentally).

You winced at his offensive racial jokes ?

But he was not racist ?

You and I have very different views on the world.

usually though, anybody who "tells it like it is and doesn't give a shit" is a complete moron, and generally has no grasp on what's actually going on, and only say outrageous things when surrounded by other fellow morons

In one

Folk who say 'I speak my mind,me'

Well fucking don't. Think before you open your gob. It's not that hard.

Jeesh . . . they aren't, necessarily. They could be, mind but it all depends on intent, context etc. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Are black rappers racist? Ani, would think so as would lots of others by the sounds of it! 'Oh that's OK because they're black' . . . this is where I have an issue but I've outlined this elsewhere.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Zico. Yes or no?

I see on this thread you belittling people for making assumptions about you but you make one about me.

This all started by you saying nothing in the post was racist.

Saying all niggers have big lips because they used to eat bats is IMO racist. Not sure any of the bollocks you have spouted changes that.

Calling a black Board a blackboard is not.

Ba ba black sheep IMO is not.

Makes me cringe when people defending the use of the word nigger resort to quoting the extreme example of calling coal black as though it is the same.

Saying all black folks look like monkeys and chucking bananas at footballers is racist. Saying Gareth Bale has 'a hint of chimp' is not.

Edited by Ani

I don't think anyone has said you are racist.

It was implied, as you well know.

Cas, you're not that mon who keeps peeking through the crack in my curtain are you ;)

Carlos -  assuming all football fans, that are white and northern are racist (or could well be) is a rather worrying generalisation . . .

You can in my opinion find a specific race or disability related joke funny but it doesn't mean you are racist or intolerant of disabilities.

I think it has been implied that because MH finds or found a racist joke or jokes funny that he is racist.

There is a huge difference between being racist and chuckling at a line in a film or similar.

How many on here make sexist remarks and find that amusing? Is that socially acceptable no it's not. Does it make you a bad person for laughing at the remarks or in some cases making them. No it doesn't as there is a line and most know where it is and when's it's being crossed.

You can in my opinion find a specific race or disability related joke funny but it doesn't mean you are racist or intolerant of disabilities.

I think it has been implied that because MH finds or found a racist joke or jokes funny that he is racist.

There is a huge difference between being racist and chuckling at a line in a film or similar.

How many on here make sexist remarks and find that amusing? Is that socially acceptable no it's not. Does it make you a bad person for laughing at the remarks or in some cases making them. No it doesn't as there is a line and most know where it is and when's it's being crossed.

Bullshit. I said I have been to see BM and he was funny.

In no way was I implying I am a racist.

MH is arguing the jokes themselves are not racist.

Edited by Ani