Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

If we give our elected representatives such leeway, without calling them to account, then what is the point of voting?

They set the laws, they cannot break them. Again, it's not complex stuff this.

I know, and we (well most of us) have moved on.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I’d describe most of them as weird and obsessed. You’ve kind of put yourself in that bracket. 

Not really

You’re suggesting we just stand by and let this shit happen.

You wouldn’t stand by and watch your Mum get mugged. Or would you? Would you just pay the mugger on the head if he got caught 3 months later and say “let bygones be bygones”?

I doubt it.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

I know, and we (well most of us) have moved on.

Why should we move on? 

It's a disgrace the way they have used us, set laws they didn't adhere to, take our money and expect us to just tow the line whilst they decide its beneath them.

When we fail to question our elected representatives, we fail ourselves.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yes moan, and moan some more. Their wages are our money. Yours, mine, everyone's on this board. Every one in the unibol week in week out, pays their salary.

I expect more for my money, and so should we all.

Fair enough. But it's all the same year in year out. Why do you bother let it get to you? Maybe not you but a lot on here.

Do you really think life now, day to day stuff would be different under any other government or leader?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not really

You’re suggesting we just stand by and let this shit happen.

You wouldn’t stand by and watch your Mum get mugged. Or would you? Would you just pay the mugger on the head if he got caught 3 months later and say “let bygones be bygones”?

I doubt it.

Nope, I’d stop it. If he got caught I’d expect the correct punishment, whatever that is. By suggesting I’m standing by and “letting this shit happen” is incorrect as it’s already happened, the fine has been issued and now it’s time to move on. Some people are crying for him to be sacked, those we half a brain no that’s not going to happen so what are you suggesting?

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Why should we move on? 

It's a disgrace the way they have used us, set laws they didn't adhere to, take our money and expect us to just tow the line whilst they decide its beneath them.

When we fail to question our elected representatives, we fail ourselves.

In what way are you questioning them and what do you think the outcome will be? 

• Site Supporter

Nope, I’d stop it. If he got caught I’d expect the correct punishment, whatever that is. By suggesting I’m standing by and “letting this shit happen” is incorrect as it’s already happened, the fine has been issued and now it’s time to move on. Some people are crying for him to be sacked, those we half a brain no that’s not going to happen so what are you suggesting?

He should be sacked for gross misconduct.

Same as anyone.

basics.

Just now, wanderer1984 said:

Fair enough. But it's all the same year in year out. Why do you bother let it get to you? Maybe not you but a lot on here.

Do you really think life now, day to day stuff would be different under any other government or leader?

Because we put them there, so it should bother us.

Yes, of course. Although in a quick post on a football forum I'm not sure it's right to discuss the how it effects you daily, but it does. The thing is politics isn't a Monday to Friday thing, its more like geology where we are now is an effect from a long time ago. So you have to think in both short term measures and long term effects.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

He should be sacked for gross misconduct.

Same as anyone.

basics.

Correct, but like I’ve already said that’s not going to happen. 

So what’s your next suggestion? Carry on posting about it on a football forum? just forget about it? Or have you another cunning idea?

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

In what way are you questioning them and what do you think the outcome will be? 

Well, there's this thing called a ballot, where you, I and everyone else gets to question and call into account the people we elect.

The outcome? Individually or nationwide? Either way, the question isn't really substantive.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

So what’s your next suggestion? Carry on posting about it on a football forum? just forget about it? Or have you another cunning idea?

Vote for someone else.

It's not original, granted, but it's worked in the past.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Like I say. Political debate isn’t for everyone 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Because we put them there, so it should bother us.

Yes, of course. Although in a quick post on a football forum I'm not sure it's right to discuss the how it effects you daily, but it does. The thing is politics isn't a Monday to Friday thing, its more like geology where we are now is an effect from a long time ago. So you have to think in both short term measures and long term effects.

All I'm trying to say is for everyone to chill a bit. It's relentless on here. Circumstances for everyone are different. 

But. This time next year I bet most are doing the same job, live in the same house, been on the same holidays, doing the same weekly shop,  have the same responsibilities and are all looking after you're families the same as you're doing now.

• Site Supporter

I’m not complaining, you’re the one wanting changes yet looking at a football forum to help you make them changes. I’m just happily observing whilst making the odd comment whilst at work. 

Are you working in a bleach factory?

Get this - I’m not expecting my posts on here to change anything.

im debating on here with people who think what’s happened is acceptable. That lying to parliament should go unpunished. I say it shouldn’t. You say it should. I would argue that you are wrong.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Are you working in a bleach factory?

Get this - I’m not expecting my posts on here to change anything.

im debating on here with people who think what’s happened is acceptable. That lying to parliament should go unpunished. I say it shouldn’t. You say it should. I would argue that you are wrong.

I would argue that you are making things up, where did I say it shouldn’t go unpunished?

Dont go down the cheese route and make things up, it’s never a good look.