Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

😂 It's not me that needs counselling I can assure you of that. 

With a man proud of your heritage mate and rightly so, did the EU not rattle your feathers when they overturned the vote of the Irish in the First Lisbon Referendum which took place on 12th June, 2008 ?

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, that's quite a surprise. A relatively large majority in favour of the government!

Onto the programme motion...

Oh dear....we could well see a more monumental meltdown than Cheese last night when he thought I’d splattered his twatter details everywhere :D

Let me get some popcorn before supplies are scuppered due to BJ coming up Trumps ....excuse the pun.

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

With a man proud of your heritage mate and rightly so, did the EU not rattle your feathers when they overturned the vote of the Irish in the First Lisbon Referendum which took place on 12th June, 2008 ?

I can't remember the details mate as its over a decade ago now but iirc there was a great deal of resentment of the Irish Gvt at the time and it was labelled as a protest vote. Having said that I don't remember any other country having a referendum on the treaty

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I can't remember the details mate as its over a decade ago now but iirc there was a great deal of resentment of the Irish Gvt at the time and it was labelled as a protest vote. Having said that I don't remember any other country having a referendum on the treaty

Just to jog your fading memory old chum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-eighth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fuck me

Bolton win more often than Boris

Proper shite he is.

If he was a football manager he’d be clearing his desk tonight.

Time for a GE then.

In fairness, as they have won the first vote, Boris has now said he is pausing the bill until such time as the EU come back on the extension request.

Perhaps still time therefore to get this bill fully debated.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The house has just voted to go for the deal! Farage is becoming less of a figure.

Just now down to how long the EU gives.

Spot on mate, and Clarke made sense ......a few more days consideration then it’s an epic meltdown on here for the Mark Gavin sided followers ....more popcorn is needed, hurry ....get your popcorn whilst stocks last.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Salford Trotter said:

That wasn't the way he was talking a few days ago. I was sure he was thanking the DUP for siding against Johnson

A few days ago, he house hadn't backed the deal. The second reading vote majority has now done just that.

It's only the time issue that is a problem.

And now it's just been revealed that the government cannot continue the debate because of something the previous labour government did. Didn't understand it, but it seems some procedural thing.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Spot on mate, and Clarke made sense ......a few more days consideration then it’s an epic meltdown on here for the Mark Gavin sided followers ....more popcorn is needed, hurry ....get your popcorn whilst stocks last.

I think you're going to be disappointed if you're expecting meltdowns mate.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

The deal has been approved.

By the time it’s been debated it’ll be a completely different thing.

I’d still throw a few farthings on a No Deal Brexit if I was having a bet.

Not sure it will now. Having got backing not sure if wrecking amendments would be successful.

Guess we'll see when they do come back on it.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure it will now. Having got backing not sure if wrecking amendments would be successful.

Guess we'll see when they do come back on it.

There will be amendments that gain support. Not wrecking ones but it will depend upon how different groups react. For example Labour backbencher want cast iron guarantees on workers rights. This might lose ERG support etc...

The majority of support for it is good for Boris. But it depends how many backed it to get through to the amendments stage.