Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Is that firm still going to do the ID cards for free re voting etc ?

Use those cards as ID, hardly an issue and free of charge.

The bigwigs in the NHS won't agree to it though as theres fuck all in it for them.

I’m just really confused by the whole concept that asking for a name dob and if they aren’t on our database ask for a card 

Am I missing something here mate or do you agree??

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m just really confused by the whole concept that asking for a name dob and if they aren’t on our database ask for a card 

Am I missing something here mate or do you agree??

Totally agree mate.

It's certainly not too much to ask. Same with claiming the money back, we've an agreement already in place with EU member states.

Like I jokingly said the other day, knock the amount off the EU divorce bill. Kent may smile whilst having his potted beef butty at work now, but he'll smile if he gets a  it extra in his pocket at work, or a fit sexy new nurse in his team, as a direct result of the extra money going in the kitty.

Knowing the NHS big cheeses, they'll award themselves huge bonuses as reward for anything they get back. Secretly, I think KW knows this....😉

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

ID card then for non emergency procedures  ? Firms trialling them for free, so it's at no cost.

No card, no treatment 😉💣🇬🇧

Most of the non-UK national care will be via A&E or walk in centres or some via GP out of area or out of hours emergencies. 

If we avoid being flippant or trivializing it - the issue is that someone rocks up to one of these - they are registered by a receptionist who cannot say if its an emergency or not. It won't take long for a case to arise whereby 95 year old war veteran is turned away because he has no ID card - goes home to get it dies on the way. National scandal. Hospital staff being pilloried. Sackings. 

That's the issue. On the other end of the scale - elderly man, clearly not very well, has forgotten his card - ah well best get him triaged straight away for safety sake - 3 days later after treatment and expensive intensive care bed turns out he's not got an ID card cos he's not British. 

Who are you asking to make these decisions - the receptionist? Triage nurse? Doctor? 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So I’m not registered with the nhs and you don’t have any records of mine on your systems? I find that hard to believe 

You have an NHS number - but walk into a hospital outside your LA and they most likely won't have any record of you. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So I’m not registered with the nhs and you don’t have any records of mine on your systems? I find that hard to believe 

Your address and information come up when you register at a&e. Even next of kin iirc.

I know as I've been often enough unfortunately over recent years.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You have an NHS number - but walk into a hospital outside your LA and they most likely won't have any record of you. 

If you go to a gp on holiday for example, you make a temporary registration, and bingo. You're away.

If there are issues over one lot being able to see your details, its hardly insurmountable.

Too easy to put up barriers.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Your address and information come up when you register at a&e. Even next of kin iirc.

I know as I've been often enough unfortunately over recent years.

That’s what I thought. I was unfortunate enough to get into an argument in Birmingham with two Angry doormen about 2 years ago and despite my best attempts ended up with a few bad bumps and bruises. Ended up in a and e and despite me living in Scotland they had my details but maybe I was the exception to the rule it would appear 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If you go to a gp on holiday for example, you make a temporary registration, and bingo. You're away.

If there are issues over one lot being able to see your details, its hardly insurmountable.

Too easy to put up barriers.

Yeah you register - but the issue is that GP practice takes your details - they don't check them. It isn't about barriers it is about the complexity and cost and practicalities of checking. 

There will be non-British nationals registered on A&E and GP systems now. You're asking for something that not only involves a nationally wide database but something that is checked and vetted and secured that every healthcare provider can access - it isn't impossible - is it worth it? 

• Site Supporter

Why does everyone think we're leaving the EU on the 31st January, by the way?

We aren't. It's just not true.

Nothing - absolutely nothing - changes.

We only leave when the deal (or not) has been sorted out and a date agreed.

So, just to be clear, and to save anyone going to a party at Big Ben, we aren't leaving on the 31st.

I believed we were leaving the eu On 31st Jan at 11pm and would then operate under a transition agreement until 31st December 2020 but we wouldn’t be classed as a member state any longer and no representation at EU council meetings. 

can you point to me where this information is shown to be wrong spider? 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why does everyone think we're leaving the EU on the 31st January, by the way?

We aren't. It's just not true.

Nothing - absolutely nothing - changes.

We only leave when the deal (or not) has been sorted out and a date agreed.

So, just to be clear, and to save anyone going to a party at Big Ben, we aren't leaving on the 31st.

Not true is it. Plenty of changes. We can start our own trade deals, on the other hand we won't be involved in any of the EU's processes.

We are quite simply no longer members of the EU, and are temporarily operating under current conditions which all parties agreed was the sensible thing to do.

Really don't get this line you've adopted recently- I'm sure you're aware of the reality of the situation.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I believed we were leaving the eu On 31st Jan at 11pm and would then operate under a transition agreement until 31st December 2020 but we wouldn’t be classed as a member state any longer and no representation at EU council meetings. 

can you point to me where this information is shown to be wrong spider? 

You are correct. But to say anything will change other than a classification and our presence disappearing at the Imperial senate, in practical terms, nothing alters. We still pay them, they still pay us.

June is when we "leave" unless Boris bottles it and asks for an extension. Which he's said he won't, and he never tells lies.

21 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Maybe that's true. Does that not make you wonder why they're not doing it?

Possibly fella.

I find it incredulous though that the NHS chase up people for non payment of prescriptions which at the most are a tenner on average aren't they, yet can't be bothered chasing up hundreds of millions of pounds.

As a right wing old thick Nazi, please explain the difference to me pal 😉💣

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yeah you register - but the issue is that GP practice takes your details - they don't check them. It isn't about barriers it is about the complexity and cost and practicalities of checking. 

There will be non-British nationals registered on A&E and GP systems now. You're asking for something that not only involves a nationally wide database but something that is checked and vetted and secured that every healthcare provider can access - it isn't impossible - is it worth it? 

I get your point fella, but Kent is saying no database exists.

Just now, Spider said:

You are correct. But to say anything will change other than a classification and our presence disappearing at the Imperial senate, in practical terms, nothing alters. We still pay them, they still pay us.

June is when we "leave" unless Boris bottles it and asks for an extension. Which he's said he won't, and he never tells lies.

What changes critically is we are able to Start to negotiate a trade deal which the most important thing in all of this to ensure the success of the process. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

What changes critically is we are able to Start to negotiate a trade deal which the most important thing in all of this to ensure the success of the process. 

I thought we'd been negotiating a trade deal since Boris swept into the chair?

Just now, Spider said:

I thought we'd been negotiating a trade deal since Boris swept into the chair?

Don’t think I’ve ever said that or heard anyone else say that. But happy to be corrected 

Ironically it’s EU law that has prevented it from happening or we could have started this process but wasn’t to be 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t think I’ve ever said that or heard anyone else say that. But happy to be corrected 

Ironically it’s EU law that has prevented it from happening or we could have started this process but wasn’t to be 

So what the fuck was the deal May kept coming back with that was outvoted in parliament?