Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson


royal white

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yet keeping "talking" about it hasn't stopped it neither.

Talk is cheap and meaningless if not backed up with positive, sensible actions and/or is seen as discriminatory in its own right. 

Something which the kick it out campaign had succeeded in doing.

Got worse and more divided since.

 

Do you know how much the Kick It Out campaign is funded?

Taking the knee has given that underfunded charity triple their usual annual money.

Sorry, I know its tough when facts hit your reality, but thems the facts Percy Grower, so maybe look outside of your growbag of Bolton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, Zico said:

this is actually something Bolty is in favour of, which surprised me, given he didn't like it when they had a mixed race family in the remake of Worzel Gummidge

(for the record, I don't think they should, or don't see the point really)

I just like Idris Elba and thought he would make a cracking James Bond. Sue me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, Zico said:

this is actually something Bolty is in favour of, which surprised me, given he didn't like it when they had a mixed race family in the remake of Worzel Gummidge

(for the record, I don't think they should, or don't see the point really)

? Please provide the necessary proof. Don't recall that at all although I may have commented that the remake of The Darling Buds Of May was laughable for such reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yet keeping "talking" about it hasn't stopped it neither.

Talk is cheap and meaningless if not backed up with positive, sensible actions and/or is seen as discriminatory in its own right. 

Something which the kick it out campaign had succeeded in doing.

Got worse and more divided since.

 

Yep but you are not adhering to the herd mentality and going with the flow matey. Thinking for yourself? You fucking realist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

The Gammons are now experts in the Kick it Out campaign 👌

They’ve just missed the bit where the CEO “wholeheartedly” supported players taking the knee and the positive impact it has had.

 Anyway, what round we on now ? 🥊

...and the Morons aren't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
48 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The thing about Kick it Out was you didn't have to engage with it.

Now these mard arses have to see people kneeling down for 5 seconds and they can't process it.

Exactly!  It was 'non-divisive' because it could be ignored.

Had all players made a pre-kick off gesture before every game for Kick It Out then the gammons would've been in uproar about that too due to it being rammed down their throats, etc, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

? Please provide the necessary proof. Don't recall that at all although I may have commented that the remake of The Darling Buds Of May was laughable for such reasons.

what did they do to Darling Buds of May?

anyway, your moan starts here:

 

The original was better as it didn't have any social engineering or political content.

The social engineering comment was aimed at the mixed race kids. No problem with it whatsoever in principle. Just doubt that Euphan Todd would ever have envisaged her story this way.

I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc.

 

Just for the record (and you can check back if you can find it), I want Idris Elba to be the next Bond.

All about context. Believable that Elba could be Bond. Not sure Barbara Euphan Todd would have envisaged her story being told this way.

So you reject the notion of positive discrimination being at play then?
 

and as I said at the time to the Todd comment not envisgaing her story having mixed race kids in:

in what way though? it doesn't make sense, to me, unless you seem to think she wouldn't like black kids in her stories, which I'm sure you don't, so I don't get what you mean

and what makes you think Ian Fleming would've envisaged his story being told with a black guy playing Bond?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/13/65/00/3100680/3/628x471.jpg

628x471.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I can't recall an advert with homosxuals in it, but with think @gonzo sent me a video of some people bumming in a car once, if that counts, Ford Mustang Gangbang I think it was called

Anyway, proper straighties who like tits and fannies ride scooters.

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/13/65/00/3100680/3/628x471.jpg

Edited by Spider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, royal white said:

I’d say so 

On the one hand you've got Zaha and Toney saying that taking the knee gives those at the top an excuse not to take action. And you can understand why they might take that stand. Randell might be of the same opinion. But there has hardly been any big drama or divisions created by them taking a different opinion. 

Then on the other hand you've got a big rise in reporting of racist incidents at games since players started taking the knee. Either that's because people some people are so bloody offended by the knee that they've started racially abusing players, or it's because the public are more aware and more confident to report abuse. 

Which would you say it is? One of those options just seems like nonsense to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

On the one hand you've got Zaha and Toney saying that taking the knee gives those at the top an excuse not to take action. And you can understand why they might take that stand. Randell might be of the same opinion. But there has hardly been any big drama or divisions created by them taking a different opinion. 

Then on the other hand you've got a big rise in reporting of racist incidents at games since players started taking the knee. Either that's because people some people are so bloody offended by the knee that they've started racially abusing players, or it's because the public are more aware and more confident to report abuse. 

Which would you say it is? One of those options just seems like nonsense to me. 

I know which one you think is nonsense so let’s look at the other. Do you think people in the crowd have only just started reporting racism because players have taken the knee? Come on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

I know which one you think is nonsense so let’s look at the other. Do you think people in the crowd have only just started reporting racism because players have taken the knee? Come on. 

Do you think people have only just started being racist because players have taken the knee?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised that people are still bothered about the "taking knee" stance - surely the average person really doesn't give a fuck at all. I really don't care either way if some do it, they all do it or nobody does it. People who turn their back or boo are entitled to do that if so they choose, they just look a little bit silly, they'd be better of just keeping their eyes closed for the 3 or 5 seconds it generally takes, in order to not be so massively upset or put out

I suppose the one thing it is doing is keeping the conversation going, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though 🙂

 

There are even some dicks who think it can cause a team to lose a game....(I can't remember who, but I'm sure somebody suggested Germany and England didn't do well in the recent WC because of such things...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

There are even some dicks who think it can cause a team to lose a game....(I can't remember who, but I'm sure somebody suggested Germany and England didn't do well in the recent WC because of such things...)

Arsene Wenger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.