Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre Season Tour

Mounts Kipper

Tour of Syria, Iraq, and Yemen.

Maybe one or two undiscovered gems that we could sign.

Syria almost made it to the World Cup. They lost a 2 leg play-off to Australia in extra time. If they had won that they would then have faced Honduras for a place in Russia.

It'll be two away games against non-entity German sides, and then back up to Scotland to play some drivel there, coupled with the usual local non-league bunch. A week before the season starts though, we'll have a "glamour" tie at home to somebody like Huddersfield, Rennes or Xanthi

Edited by Sweep

genuinely wouldn't go mate. Watching meaningless games for me is what it says on the tin

I would admit that I've never actually enjoyed or paid an awful lot of attention to any of the pre season games I've been to and would certainly choose more carefully in future about where I go (ie. "Oh we'll never play Rotherham in the league so I'll go to their new ground to watch us on this random Tuesday night, and lose...")

But a foreign trip I'd definitely price up.

Anyone actually been entertained at a pre season game before or like me find that by about 50 mins in after you got giddy and turned up in tshirt and shorts that the sun's gone, you start to get cold and bored to tears?

I did the pre season tour in Scotland several years ago and had a great week. New players were on show, Mixu being one I recall and Sneekes and a chap called Dominic Kinnear were on trial.

4 games. 4 wins and some good footy on show with a great week in Inverness thrown in.

• Moderators

I did the pre season tour in Scotland several years ago and had a great week. New players were on show, Mixu being one I recall and Sneekes and a chap called Dominic Kinnear were on trial.

4 games. 4 wins and some good footy on show with a great week in Inverness thrown in.

we just did the last game at st johnstone