Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre Season Tour

Mounts Kipper

IIRC someone jumped a taxi back from scotland on a pre season tour once

sure someone will know the story off here

I was up in St Johhstone when the coach arrived took 5 minutes for someone wearing United top to get 1 arrowed as he was minding his business walking down the street, think the coach left after a night on the piss in Bolton, think the Coach was set alight on the way up and the coach driver dropped off the fans in Perth then headed back south leaving a coach load stranded in Perth, hence the taxi back home. It made the Bolton News.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Great day out that st Johnstone game. Sunny as fuck and took 2000. I was on my way back from the Inverness and Ross county games earlier in the week. Was a daubhill lad who jumped the taxi. Remember the driver saying the guy was asleep all the way home but just woke up and jumped out, think the fare was £250 iirc. Can’t believe he didn’t ask for it up front

• Site Supporter

I was up in St Johhstone when the coach arrived took 5 minutes for someone wearing United top to get 1 arrowed as he was minding his business walking down the street, think the coach left after a night on the piss in Bolton, think the Coach was set alight on the way up and the coach driver dropped off the fans in Perth then headed back south leaving a coach load stranded in Perth, hence the taxi back home. It made the Bolton News.

The taxi story was front page headline 

Friendlies up in Scotland

The players would get more out of a game a FIFA than they would do playing up there

It would save on petrol as well

Based on our appalling starts in most recent seasons perhaps that would tell them that pre-season needs changing?

Mind you I really enjoyed Dundee last year so we’ll be going wherever it is.

The taxi story was front page headline 

Bizarrely enough I was talking to the lads brother about this a couple of weeks ago, The gentleman in question told the taxi driver that he didn't have any money with him but he had it at home and he would pay him as soon as he got to his address, taxi driver said 'Nah bother' and took him home, the simpleton gave his correct address and as soon as he arrived home he jumped out and ran off. Didn't take long for the police to track him down given they knew where he lived.

T

Coach left us mate as the organiser thought it was an afternoon kick off and we were due to leave at 5pm.

Kick off wasn’t until 8ish :D

We met after last orders on the Saturday morning at 2am at Brunels on Bank St.

Mad trip but piss funny.

Edited by miamiwhite